(MMM/Samplitude Pro X5) M-AUDIO Oxygen 49 MKV Setup Issue

Starsickle wrote on 9/7/2023, 7:00 AM

Hello - I'm new to MIDI work, but have been learning a lot with various DAWs. I recently upgraded to a M-AUDIO Oxygen 49 MKV and wanted all of the controls to work, but either through experimentation and some research on guides and setup - I haven't gotten all of the controls to work for any of my DAW software. (I have OpenMPT, MPC Beats, Music Maker - which I have the most work in right now, Samplitude Pro X5 - which I was thinking of graduating towards, and FL Studio 21.)

How do I get this to work perfectly? Between Cycling through DAW settings on the Keyboard and in each DAW, I haven't had any success getting BOTH Transport controls and Keys to work. I feel like I should have gotten the more basic keyboard, but here I am. I'd be happy with just being to hit play/record/stop/loop on the keyboard and have it work to make work easier.

I'm still in the process of settling in on a production pipeline, so any advice in that regard is also appreciated. I feel like there's a lot of implied environment setup that I'm missing.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/7/2023, 7:10 AM

@Starsickle In Samplitude you can map your controller in the hardware controller settings in the system settings. Have you already looked at this? But Music Maker is very limited in controller customization.

A good alternative is the free tool https://coyotemidi.com/ First you install a free, virtual MIDI cable like LoopMIDI or LoopBe1.

Next, you start Coyote MIDI and select your keyboard as the input and your virtual MIDI cable as the output. In your DAW you select the virtual MIDI cable as an input.

In Coyote MIDI you can translate MIDI messages to keyboard shortcuts or mouse clicks. This should help you to control Music Maker with your keyboard.

Former user wrote on 9/7/2023, 9:51 AM

In Samplitude Pro X5, set it up as Mackie Control and use the Cubase preset if there is one (I have Oxygen Pro, so it may be slightly different on the Oxygen MKV).

If that doesn't exist, then use the Pro Tools preset and set it up as HUI in Samplitude Pro X5. You can generally set the buttons up to do what you want, but most things should work out of the box (Transport, Faders, etc.).

Not sure about Music Maker :-( I never install that on my machine (I'd just use my owned version of ACID Pro over that, which has a Mackie Control option for MIDI Controllers).