MM 2019 27.0.0.16 bugs with Instruments in MIDI Editor

fan-boy wrote on 8/17/2018, 12:37 PM

I did the upgrade ? patch ? from MM25 1.3.84

as an upgrade install , when in the MIDI Editor , it would close to desktop , then automatically re-launch ! un-usable .

I did a clean install of MM27.0.0.16 . it didn't crash anymore , however , while in the MIDI Editor ,... press space bar to stop , and soon , more notes of the MIDI time line would start playing , even from other Tracks\instruments . What ? this is un-usable .

so , back to version mm25.1.2.78 2018 Premium . buying 2019 would have been pointless .

I don't do loops , so I have no comment on using loops with 2019 .

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/17/2018, 1:07 PM

@fan-boy

Hi

. . . . more notes of the MIDI time line would start playing , even from other Tracks\instruments . What ? this is un-usable . . . .

I can reproduce this and it also occurs with the MIDI Editor play button - looks like a bug. When playing from the timeline it is OK.

Can you raise a support ticket here please, I will also report it.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Nickillus wrote on 8/18/2018, 12:43 PM

Yep - getting odd anomalies in midi too.

brian-hill wrote on 11/29/2018, 8:08 PM

I just submitted a report as well. Has there been any update or any hope of a fix?

Vincent-Allain wrote on 11/29/2018, 9:52 PM

I have been experiencing this for a while as well. Very annoying, even though it doesn't affect the end result... I end up having to replay passages quite often, so in reality it becomes time consuming.

bluedevil_54162 wrote on 12/22/2018, 6:58 PM

just bought 2019 music maker premium man is this really buggy when click the keys to listen to a note it don't even play and yes I check the box play note when keys are pressed still the same thing and also i did the low latency that does not work because i am using an expensive external sound card from sound blaster and now i can not even use this whats up with that magix ??? and also I am missing some of my instruments like the space pad its there but when I use it just shows the keys missing GUI to go with it is there a patch they are working on to fix this does anyone know for all these obvious bugs?

Will-Penny wrote on 12/22/2018, 10:30 PM

I am very disillusioned with this software. Sometimes the midi works and sometimes it doesn't. Is anyone else having problems with Windows 10 and midi? Also, sometimes I get midi in from the Yamaha keyboard, then, all of a sudden I don't.

Vincent-Allain wrote on 12/22/2018, 11:46 PM

Yes I agree. Many problems seems to lack consistency, so there is no clue as what seems to go wrong. For example, occasionally (I'd say 1 out of three times), when I export a project to Flac or Ogg format, MM will crash and restart. Then when I try it again right after, without changing anything, it will work correctly. And other times, it works fine the first time... Very odd.

bluedevil_54162 wrote on 12/30/2018, 11:51 AM

does anyone know of a patch fix coming soon for our problems we are having with the newest version ? I already contacted magix about these issues so far have not got anywhere as of yet

Vincent-Allain wrote on 12/30/2018, 10:40 PM

No idea. I have contacted them about my many issues, and they have replied with a complicated set of instruction for using their Syscheck thing. Makes me feel like I'm a software tester working for them. I should not have to go to those kinds of length to debug their program...

emmrecs wrote on 12/31/2018, 3:54 AM

@Vincent-Allain

I have contacted them about my many issues, and they have replied with a complicated set of instruction for using their Syscheck thing. Makes me feel like I'm a software tester working for them. I should not have to go to those kinds of length to debug their program...

But how, exactly, are Magix support staff to be able to resolve the problem that you and others are seeing, if they cannot actually check for possible conflicts or missing essential files on your computer? The problem may be in the Magix software, but it is not universal because not everybody is experiencing it.

The Magix SysCheck utility carries out a very thorough check of your whole computer and sends its resulting data back to Magix. From personal experience I can vouch for the fact that Magix staff DO look at this data and will make any recommendations they feel will help to resolve the problem.

Why not at least give it a try??

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Vincent-Allain wrote on 12/31/2018, 9:11 AM

@emmrecs

Yes I understand, and I intend to do this. Sorry for the rant there... There is one main thing that I think is not clear in their instructions: is the Syscheck utility meant to be executed right after a problem happened? Before you think a problem will occur? Or is it to be run just by itself anytime to send them your system configuration? If you know the answer to this, it would be useful. Thanks.

emmrecs wrote on 12/31/2018, 10:14 AM

Hi again.

The SysCheck utility is designed to be run whenever you wish to do so! Personally, having downloaded it I would always run it immediately.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam