Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/26/2021, 8:54 AM

@DimiRou

If you mean "mixing" as in the sense of "multitrack mixing", i.e. blending together of several different tracks playing simultaneously, you can't, sorry. Sound Forge is multi-channel but not multitrack.

If multitrack mixing is what you are wanting to do have a look at Samplitude or, perhaps even more suitable (depending on how complex your mix is going to be), Samplitude Pro X.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DimiRou wrote on 5/27/2021, 2:59 AM

Hi Emmrecs,

1. Can I open(insert) two audio tracks in Sound Forge 15, workspace area-edit(cut) and render as one audio track(file)? In any simple software audio program there is a Tab "MIX" and gives the option to enter a few audio tracks and after cut, merge... render as one audio file.

2. For unknown reason Sound Forge 15 won't open Mp3 file, however opens FLAC audio file?

Thank you kindly for your response,

Dimitre

emmrecs wrote on 5/27/2021, 4:50 AM

@DimiRou

The answer to your first question is: Assuming you want those two files to "play" at the exact same time, then no, you can't, sorry, for the reasons I gave earlier.

Your second question is one which has been seen quite a lot recently in the forums. Please do a search in the forums to find possible answers

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DimiRou wrote on 5/27/2021, 5:13 AM

Not to play! Not the same time, one at the time. Once again can I open(insert) two audio tracks in Sound Forge 15, workspace area and edit(cut)... and make one track and render as one audio track(file)? Simply I'm trying to produce one Audio Track from taking parts from 2 Audio Tracks being in workspace area at the same time, so visually I can see the beats and curves and do the process faster.

Jeff thanks a lot, appreciate your time and effort in this matter,

DimiRou

Rednroll wrote on 5/27/2021, 8:51 AM

For #1, although SF is not my preferred audio program to do this, it is possible to have multiple files open and mix them together in Sound Forge.

You can do this one of 2 ways, which do the same thing just different workflow methods.

1. Copy data from Window 1, select copy, goto Window 2 and select Paste Special>Mix, a pop-up window will appear which allows you to adjust the volumes for the combined mix blend of the separate files. You would click on the Preview button to listen to the mix as you make your volume adjustments.

2. Select data in Window 1, drag and drop that data into Window 2. The same pop-up window will appear to adjust the mix settings.

It's definitely possible to achieve what you want, I have not used it much since I prefer to work in a multi-track program such as Vegas Pro or Acid Pro to mix audio files in their multi-track timeline environments.

DimiRou wrote on 5/27/2021, 3:01 PM

Rednroll,

Thanks a lot. I just finished mixing 3 audio files working with Vegas Pro 18. I was following the instructions from a Youtuber. I did not find Sound Forge as a useful program.(won't open Mp3 files) however I'll try your method working with FLAC. I'm delighted to hear from knowledgeable people like you. Greatly appreciate your time and effort in this matter.

Regards