Missing Video Presets

Moosehead wrote on 3/13/2012, 9:19 AM

Hi,

In magix edit pro premium i had a presets tab under effects section. It was over the video effects selection under effects tab. Now in video pro x4 its not there. I was looking for a preset called puzzle (an Effect). Which in magix edit pro premium was in presets (basically video presets). However i cannot find puzzle or any other video effect since preset isnt a possible selection. I do have audio presets but obviously this isnt the same thing. Please Help.

Thank You.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/13/2012, 3:15 PM

I've never used these Presets in MEP MX Premium but you're quite right, they don't exist in VPX4 (or 3 for that matter).

If you can find the appropriate file in the MEP installation it might be possible to copy it into a suitable folder in VPX but there's no guarantee it would work, unfortunately.

Otherwise, it's perfectly possible to move projects between VPX and MEP MX, so do most of your editing etc. in VPX, save the project, open it in MEP to use the effect you particularly need, save again and then reopen in VPX.  My very limited use of such a workflow suggests that any effect etc. that is "missing" from VPX will still be available when the project, previously saved in MEP, is reopened in VPX.

HTH.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/13/2012, 3:15 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Moosehead wrote on 3/13/2012, 3:42 PM

Thank You for your response Emmrecs,

I thought the preset button would be available but it seems it was excluded. I went into porgram data folder which is hidden and for good reason, you could mees up a program by tampering with the folder. However i merely looked in there to find the folder which would hold the effects i would need. I didnt see it in there and than transfered the folder from MX Premium into VPX4. I ran VPX4 and it didnt work. There are other files by that name extension cfx i believe or something to that effect in MX premium. but these files seem not to work. Perhaps a different folder with the VPX4 would make it work. In any case Emmrecs thank you for your response and all the best.