Missing Mastering Effects Bundle

Wade-Huston wrote on 7/6/2023, 9:10 AM

I recently had to purchase a new computer a couple months ago. When I downloaded my old Sound Forge 9 onto my new computer, my Izotope Mastering Effects Bundle that came with Sound Forge 9 doesn't install. I utilized it frequently for its preset mastering EQs, Compression, etc. I just upgraded to Sound Forge Pro today in hopes that it will somehow reappear, but no luck. How can I get my Mastering Effects Bundle back onto my new computer? I still have my Izotope serial number for it and I need it bad. Help please.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/6/2023, 9:26 AM

@Wade-Huston

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

If you previously registered the Mastering Bundle you should have an account with iZotope, I think. Have you tried going to their website and seeing if you can log into your account? If I log into my account i see all the products I have purchased from them over the years.

One caveat: it is possible that the version of the Mastering Bundle that was released, several years ago, with SF9 may have been somewhat "customised" and may no longer be available, sorry.

One other thought: I'm pretty certain that SF9 was released before Magix bought the software. In which case I will tag @rraud who may well be able to advise on whether and how you can access the appropriate server.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Wade-Huston wrote on 7/6/2023, 10:05 AM

Thanks Jeff! The Izotope mastering bundle was part of my Sony Sound Forge 9 purchase many years ago. I still have the Sound Forge installation CD and the mastering bundle goes through the installation process, but doesn't appear when I open Sound Forge. During the process it doesn't ask for my Izotope serial number as it did in the past, so I know something isn't right.

rraud wrote on 7/6/2023, 10:23 AM

I have iZotope's 'Mastering Suite II' installed and activated on my Win 10 PCs.. but not Mastering Suite I. In my experience, MS II works good with all 32 bit versions of Sound Forge, but will not work at all with the 64 bit versions, Both MS-I and II are Direct X. I really like the multi-band compressor (sound and UI) and still use it frequently. I also like the multi-band exciter and Imager .. the other tools in suite (reverb and limiter) did not impress me The installer you have may be corrupted if it will not successfully install, I am not sure if iZ still supports the activation process (after installation).
I will look for the MS-I installer file if you want to try it I think I still have the file on a drive somewhere.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Wade-Huston.

rraud wrote on 7/6/2023, 11:44 AM

@emmrecs, @Wade-Huston, Sound Forge 11 was the current version when Magix acquired SF and the other software products from SCS (Sony) in 2016. As I previously stated, the Direct X Mastering Bungle II that was included with SFP-10 and works in my Win 10 PCs with all the 32 bit versions of SF (and Vegas) I have installed (SF 10>16 and VP 9.) There is no 32 bit version of SF-17 AFAIK..

I just logged into the iZotope website and both of my Direct X Mastering Bungles I and II serials are listed along with my other iZ products. There was also an option to download the installer file without their universal install wizard (..or whatever iZ calls it), which I not think would work in this case anyway.

Wade-Huston wrote on 7/6/2023, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure my last computer was 64 bit and it worked fine. Gotta double check that though. Maybe the installer is corrupted, but the other applications on my Sound Forge 9 CD installs just fine. Just something about the Izotope Mastering Effects Bundle. I don't want to put you through any trouble searching for the installer, but if you think you can find the MS-I installer quickly I would appreciate your effort. Thanks bro!

rraud wrote on 7/6/2023, 12:57 PM

The PC does not have to be 32 bits, the version of Sound Forge does though. Both versions of SF (64 and 32 bit) can be installed on the same PC without issue, they share many of the settings and adding the 32 bit version does not count as as additional activation. For instance, I have both the 64 and 32 bit version of SF Pro 15 installed.

rraud wrote on 7/6/2023, 5:06 PM

"doesn't appear when I open Sound Forge"

@Wade-Huston, I missed that sentence before, so they may be installed after all and you are just not seeing them. When plug-ins are installed, they must also be added to 'FX Favorites' in order to see them. Go to the SF "FX Favorites" menu, select "Organize" and choose the Direct X folder to look for the Mastering plug-ins there. Right-click the desired plug(s) and select 'Add to FX Favorites'.
They would also be listed in the 'All' folder and I think 'Automatable' as well. If they are installed and you open one, the activation dialog should show.