Comments

SP. wrote on 9/4/2022, 4:17 PM

@August-Day I think the Vita Instruments from the Music Maker store are configured to only pitch bend +/- 1 semitone. You need to load them into Independence Pro to be able to edit the settings. https://www.magix.com/us/free-download/independence-free-sampler-software/

The settings are stored in the ytil-files in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services\MxSynth\NameOfTheInstruments\layers\ I think you can just drag and drop the ytil files into Independence Pro, edit the pitch bend range and overwrite the original file.

August-Day wrote on 9/5/2022, 9:57 AM

Ok thanks for the help, I downloaded and attempted to load the ytl file but unfortunately it pops up with a file not found error. I'm definitely not used to this program. I see the midi and layer settings off to the left side but I don't know how to access them. I can click in the individual boxes for the editing but it doesn't seem to let me edit from the midi settings menu. So two questions how can I get around the file Not Found error when I try to load and how do edit the file once loaded?

SP. wrote on 9/5/2022, 2:30 PM

@August-Day The easy way: you can MIDI learn the pitch control in every Vita Instrument that comes with a pitch control. I will show everything with the Grand Piano LE instrument.

Just make a right click on the control, toggle MIDI learn, move the pitch bend wheel on your MIDI controller, then untoggle MIDI learn.

But, I don't think you have fine control here. For example, the Grand Piano LE always goes from -24 semitones to +24 semitones. So you need to be able to configure the range of the pitch bend wheel in your MIDI controller settings.

Now the way how to do it with Independece. But be aware, I'm not sure this will work with the free version of Independence because this version can only load a limited number of samples. I use the paid Independence Pro Standard.

Load Independence on Track 1. Click on the default layer and remove it.

Drag and drop the Grand Piano LE "Piano Default.ytil" into Independence.

The sample files will now load. In case you have many different Vita Instruments installed it could be, that there are identical sample in different instruments. Independence will ask you which samples to load. You just need to read the filename and then select it. I don't think it matters which ones you load because they are identical, but it is a good idea to select the correct sample for the correct instrument. For example, I have Concert Grand LE and Concert Grand Full installed. I select the Concert Grand LE sample.

Repeat this step, until all samples are loaded.

Then open the Quick Edit page. This page shows you the same controls as the Concert Grand LE user interface. At the top you see a big pitch control.

If you right click on this big pitch control, you can see, that it is mapped to a custom control which is named "Pitch". This "custom Pitch" control is the same one you can see on the Concert Grand LE user interface. You cannot see the big Pitch control.

You can now do the same thing as you did in the Vita Concert Grand by mapping your pitch bend wheel to the custom "Pitch" control. Open custom control page 2 because there you will find the "Pitch" control.

Right click on the "Pitch" control and use MIDI learn like you did in the Concert Grand user interface.

But in contrast to the Vita user interface, you can change the range on the pitch bend in Independence. To do this move the big pitch control at the top to a negative pitch bend you want to use. Then make a right click on this control and go to range > set automation minimum value. Repeat this step for a maximum value. Then you don't need to bend between -24 and +24 semitones any longer.

I tried to export the settings and replace the "Piano Default.ytil", but it doesn't seem to make any change to the +/-24 semitone range in the Vita Instrument. So it only seems to work inside Independence.

how can I get around the file Not Found error when I try to load and how do edit the file once loaded?

I think the instruments should load fine if you use Independence as a plugin in Music Maker and Samplitude Music Studio and Samplitude Pro X. It will not load outside of these programs because of the copy protection.

August-Day wrote on 2/18/2023, 5:47 PM

None of this worked, I'm just looking to pitch bend guys with my onboard ptich wheel nothing fancy. Just up or down a full tone not a semi tone. Theres got a to be a way to do this.

SP. wrote on 2/18/2023, 5:58 PM

@August-Day No, it only works the way I described or by using a MIDI controller that has the option to set the pitch bend range of the pitch bend control manually.