Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 3/24/2021, 1:42 AM

CD tracks are in a format which music players can use. They are not in a format that can be used by programs like Music Maker (but I'm wrong about this - see below). You can of course extract (rip) CD tracks into a standard audio format.

emmrecs wrote on 3/24/2021, 5:47 AM

@david-williams

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Exactly which version and variant of MM do you have? If it is MM 2021 (64 bit) did you pay for the Upgrade to this new version (29.x.x.x) or have you merely Updated from an earlier version? If you simply updated what you now have is the Free version of MM, something which has caught out quite a number of users!

In the Full version of MM 2021 Premium there is an option under File>Import>Import tracks from audio CD (shortcut C). This seems to work as expected for me.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Graham-Hawker wrote on 3/24/2021, 7:00 AM
In the Full version of MM 2021 Premium there is an option under File>Import>Import tracks from audio CD (shortcut C). This seems to work as expected for me.

I stand corrected. I hadn't noticed this feature.