MAGIX 2019 VERSION UNABLE TO EXPORT

George-Sideridis wrote on 7/27/2021, 3:09 AM

My MAGIX 2019 fully paid version (the one with the white "M" and pink background icon) is not able to export any of my songs anymore. I tried to export one of my finished songs today as an mp3 version so I could email it to a friend and it came up with an error message; "Music Maker does not work anymore". Strange, because everything about the program works except the export function. The next time I opened the program it came up with another message saying that I should perform an update that was 828MB. I performed the update, (only to experience the same problem), then another message came up telling me to install another version which was 64bits and free. I also installed this second version on my computer, however the MP3 export function does not work unless you make a payment. Does anyone know what is going on? Now I have 2 versions of Music Maker and cannot export my work. Luckily I have saved my projects to disc, but afraid I might lose my work, as well as having to reinstall my third party soft synths again (which can be tricky to install from past experience). Very frustrating. Please help!!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/27/2021, 4:41 AM

@George-Sideridis

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I'm honestly not sure why your 2019 version of MM fails to export to .mp3, though you might try exporting as .wav and, if successful, then using any other app (there are several) to convert the .wav to .mp3.

The "updates" which you have installed have, almost certainly, now left you with MM 2022, Free variant. I also still have MM 2019 Premium installed; its version number is 28.0.3.51, along with MM 2022 Premium; its version number is 30.0.0.11 (you can check these details for your installations, in both versions, via Help>About).

If you wish to be able to use the Premium variant of MM 2022 you will need to buy the upgrade.

Sorry to not be able to be more helpful to you! 😭

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

George-Sideridis wrote on 7/27/2021, 6:37 AM

Thank you so much Jeff. I deleted my 2019 version so I could install it again to see if it would fix the issue of not being able to export my mp3s (I found my installation details from the Magix website). I installed the 2019 version again and I see that I have version 27.0.2.28. The export function is now working fine and I can thankfully load all my songs from an external Seagate drive that I stored them on. I am very happy.

Curiously, the MM 2022 free variant has disappeared from my computer, however my re-installed 2019 version is still asking me to update if I want to. I am happy to pay the money and do this if there are more features on the 2022 version and the 2019 version is removed by virtue of the upgrade in the process. I do like working on the 2019 version however, as I am used to it. This leads me to a question. Which is the better option in your mind of my 2 proposals below?:

(a) Upgrade my current 2019 version by clicking upgrade button when it appears (giving me the free 2022 variant) then paying the extra money to get all the features of the 2022 variant whilst the 2019 variant disappears from my computer as it did before.

(b) Buying the 2022 variant separately, therefore having both versions of the software (2019 and 2022) on my computer and enjoy using both as you do.

The reason I am asking this is that if both programs have individual things to offer (different soundpools, different soft synths and a different interface etc etc), then I am happy to have both programs installed on my computer (I still have Magix 2017 installed as well on my computer as an example-which I sometimes use as it is completely different and sometimes I like the variety).

If however the 2022 version is EXACTLY the same as the 2019 version with all its features but with more options, then it stands to reason that simply upgrading to the 2022 variant rather than buying it separately (which will get rid of the 2019 version) is the better option for the sake of simplicity (I don't want to complicate things).

I hope my question makes sense. Thanking you in advance!

emmrecs wrote on 7/27/2021, 8:24 AM

@George-Sideridis

Important note, and apology: Despite what I wrote earlier, I don't have MM 2019 (aka version 27) but rather MM 2020 (aka version 28) still installed. I know that installing MM 2021 and later, MM 2022, left MM 2020 still installed, but I'm pretty sure that MM 2020 might have removed MM 2019; my apologies for the earlier misinformation!

So, I think that, whichever of your proposed routes you decide on, you will lose MM 2019! IOW, whether you choose the Upgrade route or the complete New Purchase, your earlier version will be automatically uninstalled, sorry. But, just to be clear, ALL the features, add-ons etc. that you had with MM 2019 WILL be automatically available to you to redownload to use in the new version. Although I've "lost" MM 2019, any and all content I had from previous versions is still on my computer, though I did need to redownload some instruments and soundpool so that they were fully compatible with MM 2022.

In terms of "cost", it is clearly cheaper to "upgrade" rather than "buy new", especially if one end-result (loss of 2019) is the same!

HTH, and sorry again for any confusion caused!

Jeff

EDIT: to add, MM 2021 and 2022 are both 64 bit versions. MM 2020 was the last 32 bit version to be released.

Last changed by emmrecs on 7/27/2021, 8:25 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Graham-Hawker wrote on 7/27/2021, 12:18 PM
Which is the better option in your mind of my 2 proposals below?:

(a) Upgrade my current 2019 version by clicking upgrade button when it appears (giving me the free 2022 variant) then paying the extra money to get all the features of the 2022 variant whilst the 2019 variant disappears from my computer as it did before.

(b) Buying the 2022 variant separately, therefore having both versions of the software (2019 and 2022) on my computer and enjoy using both as you do.

There is a third option assuming that both will work on your PC. That is to install the free version on MM2022. You will be able to add any features you have in MM2019. I do something similar. I have MM2019 and the free version of MM2021 to which all my MM2019 features have been added. The only thing I added to MM2021 was the VST Bridge so I could use 32 bit VST instruments and effects. I haven't changed to MM2022 because it's new and I'd be waiting for any bugs to be sorted out as it will replace my MM2021 version. The advantage of buying MM2022 is that you get more instruments and soundpools. However as there are no features in MM2022 I'm interested in and though various offers and deals I have all the instrumnets I want I don't plan on doing this.

George-Sideridis wrote on 7/27/2021, 4:32 PM

Thank you kindly again Jeff. I appreciate it. No need to apologise. Very good advice. I am OK with purchasing the 2022 version via the upgrade as it offers more features, even if I lose the 2019 version since my soundpools will remain. As for the songs I have saved them to external drive. It might be the only option at this stage because I recently noticed that my that my current version of 2019 is not working properly after I re-downloaded it from the MAGIX website. You cannot hear the piano when you press on a note (the one on the bottom of the arrange page). I spoke to their tech people who luckily came back to me stating that I should clear my store (on the program settings page), then go to the arrange page, Log into the store from the top right of the arrange page and reload my previously purchased soundpools. It then comes up with a further error however stating: "An error has occurred during the purchase process". I contacted their tech people again and they are looking into it. I will let you know the outcome.