Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/8/2022, 10:20 AM

@rolf-h6083

Welcome to the Magix (note: not Magic) user to user forums.

It is very disappointing to a user when problems like yours occur. But, if you are asking for our help and/or advice you really need to tell us a lot more!

First, exactly which version and editionย of your Magix software do you have? You can find the exact build number under Help>About.

Then, please tell us a lot more about your computer. This post will show you the level of information and detail we really do need!

Then, please tell us step by step exactly what you do that produces the program shutdown. You wrote when I start making a movieย but this is rather vague and we need to know what you do up to the point where the shutdown occurs. If it happens when you attempt to put a specific video file on to the timeline or into the storyboard, please tell us about the actual file you are using. You can analyse it using the free MediaInfo; there is a full tutorial here which shows how to download and use it and then post its information in the forum.

Sorry for the long list of requests but, at the moment, anythingย we can suggest is going to be pure guesswork!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 12/8/2022, 11:29 AM

@rolf-h6083

Hi

In addition to @emmrecs comment

Assuming you are running Windows 10 or 11.

To determine what was causing the crashing of Movie Studio, without the hassle of trying to pull apart the log file, run the Windows Reliability Monitor - press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, then type in perfmon /rel and click OK.

Look for entries similar to those shown below, when you select a date, this is from windows 11, Windows 10 should be similar.

Double click one of the fault notifications for for Movie Studio, the dialog in the red box opens and details what the Faulting Module was - post a screenshot of that dialogue.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.