Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/7/2023, 7:02 PM

@Will-Ball

Hello welcome

Have you tried file, settings, program settings and click button to clean up the store?

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Will-Ball wrote on 8/7/2023, 7:44 PM

Stephen, Yes I have. It still only gives me the option of subscribing for $19.99

SP. wrote on 8/8/2023, 12:45 AM

@Will-Ball I think there should be a coupon code in your order confirmation e-mail you need to enter during checkout.

slysnake96 wrote on 8/11/2023, 5:31 PM

This bull is still happening and has been happening ever since LU was introduced.
Every time I open up MMM it forgets that I have an LU subscription.
Users should be compensated for all this downtime because we are paying for what is supposed to be a fully functional and working product but it never seems to "Actually" work.
Sometimes I just have to have the program up in the background while I do other things (sometimes for up to an hour) before it remembers that I have an LU subscription and finally lets me access the loops.

SP. wrote on 8/11/2023, 5:59 PM

@slysnake96 It might be enough to simply log out and back in.

slysnake96 wrote on 8/12/2023, 3:47 AM

@slysnake96 It might be enough to simply log out and back in.

I realize that.
The things I have done to try and stop this happening over the past few years that LU has been around include but aren't limited to the following:
I have kept the program updated whenever updates are available.
I have logged out and back in.
I have reset all settings back to original.
I have reset the store cache.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times I lost count.
And much much more.
I have even spent weeks trawling the internet for possible solutions or fixes but nothing ever works.
Magix is just poorly optimised and it feels like the creators don't really care about their users, they just care about the money, hence why they are always releasing new soundpools before actually fixing the damn software.

SP. wrote on 8/12/2023, 5:22 AM

@slysnake96 Are you using some special kind of firewall or antivirus software? I have no problems with Music Maker and the standard Windows Defender.

slysnake96 wrote on 8/12/2023, 5:37 AM

@slysnake96 Are you using some special kind of firewall or antivirus software? I have no problems with Music Maker and the standard Windows Defender.

No firewall or antivirus at all, I never use that stuff and have it all fully disabled using the windows registry.
And no I have no virus issues or anything like that because I test everything I download in a VM first before installing or running anything on my actual system.
I find there is no need for it if you are careful enough.
As I mentioned before, it is nothing to do with my PC, specs, settings or programs etc.
It is 100% an issue with MMM, it's just terribly optimized (or lack thereof).
For example, FL Studio works great and never has issues but I prefer not to use that because the UI is not very user friendly, Mixcraft also works great with no issues but again it comes down to UI being bad, and the same goes for Audacity, Studio One 5 and even SoundBridge, they all work fine but their UI is either just terribly annoying, complicated, limited or a combination of all those.

SP. wrote on 8/12/2023, 6:39 AM

@slysnake96 So, you doctored with the Windows registry, I see. That could be the problem.

johnebaker wrote on 8/12/2023, 12:28 PM

@slysnake96

Hi

. . . . No firewall or antivirus at all, I never use that stuff and have it all fully disabled using the windows registry. . . . . And no I have no virus issues or anything like that because I test everything I download in a VM first before installing or running anything on my actual system. . . . .

Testing in a VM does not prevent you from getting an infected PC and without Antivirus software you are never going to be sure the PC is not infected.

As you are having a hard time accessing Loops Unlimited, what else did you disable/remove from Windows?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

slysnake96 wrote on 8/12/2023, 6:51 PM

@slysnake96

Hi

. . . . No firewall or antivirus at all, I never use that stuff and have it all fully disabled using the windows registry. . . . . And no I have no virus issues or anything like that because I test everything I download in a VM first before installing or running anything on my actual system. . . . .

Testing in a VM does not prevent you from getting an infected PC and without Antivirus software you are never going to be sure the PC is not infected.

As you are having a hard time accessing Loops Unlimited, what else did you disable/remove from Windows?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Firstly, when I say I test everything in a VM first I mean that I have different AV's in the VM that I use to ensure that what I download isn't riddled with viruses, malware, worms etc and then I install said software in the VM and monitor its behaviours during the installation process with different tools such as wireshark before I decide if it is safe enough to install on my actual system.
Secondly, my Windows is highly modified, however, almost all of those windows tweaks and modifications are aesthetic modifications such as taskbar visual tweaks and things of that nature.
Most of the tweaks that are done through registry are things that don't affect core functionality such as disabling windows defender and the firewall.
I try to avoid messing around with the registry because most, if not all of my tweaks can be done with basic software such as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, Ultimate Windows Tweaker, Winaero Tweaker and WUB (Windows Update Blocker).
I also only use WUB when I am gaming to prevent Windows forcing an update to my system in the middle of gameplay, or when I don't want the microsoft store to force an update to certain programs until I am ready to do it manually.
Finally I have also tried installing MMM on my fresh Windows installation I have on my spare laptop and I even tried it in a VM instance of Windows and the exact same issues persists across all systems.
So again, it's not the PC, hardware, tweaks or software that are at fault here, it's the MMM software that is at fault.

SP. wrote on 8/13/2023, 12:11 AM

@slysnake96 I think that Music Maker uses a TLS 1.2 encrypted connection, so please check that everything is configured correctly. Especially install all Windows updates.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/error-code-1--94/

slysnake96 wrote on 8/13/2023, 12:37 AM

@slysnake96 I think that Music Maker uses a TLS 1.2 encrypted connection, so please check that everything is configured correctly. Especially install all Windows updates.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/error-code-1--94/

Windows is fully up to date.
Background Intelligent Transfer Service is set to Automatic so I believe that TLS 1.2 encrypted connections are working fine.
AGAIN! I have no issues with any other software on my PC, it's just MMM that is the issue.
I really don't know how to reiterate it hard enough that it is just MMM that is the issue.

SP. wrote on 8/13/2023, 12:39 AM

@slysnake96 So why does it work without problems for us?

Maybe it's a problem with your internet provider?