Comments

SP. wrote on 2/3/2022, 12:41 PM

@dLife Check if the sample rate of your project and your audio interface is identical. If they are identical and the problem persists it's likely that your computer isn't fast enough. Are you using an external USB audio interface? It is highly recommended for audio recording.

If you are using multiple VST instruments and effects you could freeze your tracks to convert them into audio files. This saves a lot of processing power.

dLife wrote on 2/4/2022, 10:36 AM

Thanks SP.. I am using a Yamaha AG03 external usb audio interface. I'm showing in the line properties that the default format is 24 bit, 2 channel, 44100. My project is at 24 bit, 2 channel, 48000. The line properties window has disabled changing the sample rate but I'm looking into a workaround. Of course I could just alter the project setting. But not sure if the sample rate is really the issue? My PC has 12 GB RAM and an i5 3.20 GHz processor. I have the option to upgrade to a 16GB max RAM if needed. For this project I am currently only using one VST track.

SP. wrote on 2/4/2022, 12:12 PM

@dLife The sample rates must be identical or you will get a 9% speed difference.

dLife wrote on 2/4/2022, 12:15 PM

Okay then, thanks SP.. Makes sense. I'll alter the project setting if I can't find a way to alter the line properties.