license

corb wrote on 6/26/2023, 7:33 AM

Over the years have bought versions of Music maker and soundpools and more sounpools have many many thousands of sounds some are royalty free but to buy a licence to cover commercial use seems a nightmare of confusion others have noted this on here,note the current software buys give the option of buying licence with the sounds prior to this was not the case with sound purchases the issue was not clear on how to get licence for all uses.

Phoned Magix customer support couple of years ago and was told all my sounds are free to use in my projects private or commercial,but as others have said there is not much clarity on this issue,

Comments

browj2 wrote on 6/26/2023, 7:52 AM

@corb

Hi,

...there is not much clarity on this issue

There is plenty of information on this when you go to purchase Soundpools in the Store and on Producer Planet - read the links!

See at about 8:45 in this tutorial.

Also, there are 2 Important Posts titled "Commercial use of MAGIX soundpools." Read one of them and the links.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 6/26/2023, 7:54 AM

@corb Simply check the EULAs of your Soundpools.

If I remember it correctly, it was possible to use the Soundpools that came with Music Maker and on the separate Soundpool collections commercially without additional costs up until version 16 (released 2009, not 2016!).

Back then it wasn't as easy to earn money with your creations as it is today, because you basically needed a publishing deal or needed to pay for physical mediums and distribution yourself, so Magix hadn't many problems with it, because not many users did this.

But around that time YouTube began to open up monetization for the general public and a lot of videos used these loops and Magix changed the EULA and from that point on you needed an additional commercial license to earn money with your creations.

So everything released since version 17 requires a commercial license.

If you still have the old discs up until version 16 everything is fine and you can use them commercially (but still check the individual EULAs because there are some exceptions).

For everything else you need to buy the commercial licenses once for each Soundpool you use in your creations from Producerplanet.com (or from Catooh in the past, before it was renamed to Producerplanet).

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/26/2023, 7:58 AM

@corb

Hello, welcome

Please read here.

This is also an extract from Magix;

The Audio Pro licenses for sounds used can be purchased on www.producerplanet.com. There are a choice of three types of license: “Standard”, “Advanced” and “Unlimited”.

The license terms and conditions are bound in terms of the number of downloads, webpage views, number of transmissions on TV and radio, and reproductions of the song. You can select the type of license that’s suitable for your needs depending on the amount of people to whom you make your songs accessible.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 6/26/2023, 8:11 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

corb wrote on 6/26/2023, 6:52 PM

Thanks for your help all, SP seemed to have answer to my issue as my thousands and thousands of sounds date back to before soundpool 17 and as he states pool 17 has 6000 sounds on box it also states royalty free and license free and then adds for private use only, to confuse the issue soundpool 15 states royalty free.Have been to Producer planet the only licenses on sale is if you purchase a new loop pack can not see any link to buy license on its own.

SP. wrote on 6/27/2023, 1:57 AM

@corb Here I found these old topics. It should be pretty clear now. Translated into English.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/musik-mit-dem-magix-music-maker-16-premium-verkaufen--392234/#ca409071

Hello Eranias,

if you only created the songs with the Music Maker 16 Premium sound files, you can sell them without any problems. Up to and including Music Maker 16, no additional licenses are required for the sound files for commercial use; this is only the case from version 17.

Hope to have helped.

Kind regards

MAGIX audio content team

Hello Eranias,

Basically the same applies to the Soundpool Collections: Up to and including version 16, no additional licenses are required for commercial use, you only need them from version 17 onwards. But there is one exception:

The following styles may not be used under any circumstances:

Techno Trance Vol 1
Rock Pop Vol 1
Rock Pop Vol 2
funny vocals
cool vocals

Hope to have helped.

Kind regards

MAGIX audio content team

Back then the EULA also might require that you need to add a Magix logo to your creations. This isn't necessary any longer.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/music-maker-3-0-und-soundpools-kommerziell--78706/#ca306322

Hello ekkus,

All sound files contained in the Music Maker and Soundpool DVD Collection product ranges may be used commercially in the form of a work (e.g. songs). In other words, you can use the songs you create with Music Maker commercially, e.g. publish them. An extra permit no longer needs to be obtained and the MAGIX logo no longer needs to be affixed in any way.
The old Soundpools from the "Soundpool Collection" series and the old Music Maker versions may also be used commercially, except for the following styles:

Techno Trance Vol 1
Rock Pop Vol 1
Rock Pop Vol 2
funny vocals
cool vocals

These must not be used.

Hope to have helped.

Kind regards

MAGIX audio content team

If you want to aquire the commercial license for Soundpool Collection 17 you can search for it on Producerplanet: https://producerplanet.com/us/search/?query=Soundpool%20DVD%20Collection%2017&area=audio&category=250

Then check the description of the Soundpools. It is mentioned there if they were included in Collection 17. The search function isn't very good and also shows other Soundpools.

It might be a better idea to search them via Google by entering

"Soundpool DVD Collection 17" site:https://producerplanet.com/us/

You need to buy the Soundpool again, there is no way to upgrade to a commercial license,

corb wrote on 6/27/2023, 8:02 AM

Thank you SP for your help and your clear answers to my issues on past soundpools pre Collection 17 ok to use after C17 buy or rebuy with license included software thanks again ,I compose multi genres of music and can put to many uses with a bit more clarity.