Latency when recording in Music Maker 16 standard

ballsout wrote on 12/9/2010, 5:39 PM

I'm using a Line6 Toneport GX as an interface to record electric guitar in Music Maker.  My PC is an HP m9400f w/ AMD Phenom X4 processor and Vista 64 OS.  So here's the deal: In Music Maker, I use Beatbox to make a drum beat in one track, then record guitar in another track while playing along to the beat.  The recording sounds great, but the whole "recorded object" seems to be about one second off-time with the drum track.  Since I haven't found a solution to this latency issue, I've been moving the recorded guitar objects around manually to "line them up" while listening to the starting point of the drums over and over until it is dead on, but it's becoming frustrating!  I've used the Toneport to record guitar and bass in Fruity Loops in the past, with no latency problems, and in almost the exact same circumstances. So I'm fairly confident the TonePort isn't at fault.  Is there any way to fix this in music maker?  Any tips or checks I can do?  Thanks!!!

Comments

highonskye wrote on 2/1/2011, 5:03 AM

Try logging onto www.asio4all.com and down loading the asio driver. I know it sounds scary. I had the same problem with mmm16 and I'm not a PC buff. I got the info off the mmm forum and it's worked for me.

Mick