Latency - Samplitude Pro X7 Suite

Barth_01 wrote on 5/2/2023, 1:35 AM

Hello! I'm testing Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, and there are things that I really like, but I can't get the latency down. As a test, I have open 3 midi tracks with virtual instruments, with 5 notes each track approx. So when I press any key on the keyboard (virtual or physical) a considerable delay is perceived between pressing and hearing the note.

I have been testing in system options audio configuration, the different FX monitoring positions of the mixer (Used Buffers) and everything that is not the right position (Mixer FX Monitoring or Hardware Monitoring) is losing possibilities such as not being able to apply effects etc

In the Hardware Monitoring position the latency improves a bit, but it is still quite a lot.
ASIO Configuration shows ASIO Buffer 512/24 Bit Out 772 (18 ms) + In 578 (13 ms)
Buffer Configuration shows VIP Object Buffer 4096 (372 ms)
I have changed to the minimum 1024 (93 ms) and it does not improve in any of the 2 Hybrid modes. In economy modes there is no audible sound when playing the keyboard.

I don't know what I could try to not have so much latency. In other DAWs the latency is much lower.

Windows 10 / 64 bit. 32GB RAM – UMC204HD Behringer.

Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/2/2023, 1:55 AM

@Barth_01 You might want to configure the Performance settings.

Serveral users reported it helps with stability and performance if they lower the number of cores.

Barth_01 wrote on 5/2/2023, 2:01 AM

Ok i will look at it thanks!

Barth_01 wrote on 5/2/2023, 6:57 AM

Hello again, I have been testing in this performance settings, but I have not been able to lower the latency, I have deactivated the 1st option, nothing has changed, I have deactivated the 2nd option, (and with it everything is deactivated) and it seems that something improves , but it is still insufficient, there is still a delay between the key press and the sound.

SP. wrote on 5/2/2023, 7:11 AM

@Barth_01 Deactivating will make performance worse. Just try a different number of CPU cores. Your computer has 8 cores so maybe try 4.

SP. wrote on 5/2/2023, 7:25 AM

@Barth_01 Some other tips:

If you have a high latency plugin on your track or master bus, disable it.

Set the Monitoring Mode in the System Settings to Track FX Monitoring.

Barth_01 wrote on 5/2/2023, 4:41 PM

The CPU core configuration that seems best is 4, but the differences are so small that they don't affect latency much. It can be reduced a bit to the most, but I don't know, there has to be something else, since I'm at minimum, 2 very small tracks of virtual instruments.

After several tests, tweaking settings, the latency seems to go down a bit, but it's insufficient, much more latency than other DAWs I have, so I think something is not right.

There are only 2 tracks, on each track a Samplitude virtual instrument, with very few notes, as seen in the image, just for try. Thanks.

SP. wrote on 5/2/2023, 5:11 PM

@Barth_01 Does this happen with all tested VSTi? Or did you, by chance, just select instruments presets with a longer attack time? Probably not, but you never know. Have you tried another audio driver? For example Magix Low Latency?

Can you make a screenshot of the Mixer so we can see all plugins that are loaded in your project?

Barth_01 wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:14 AM

Good news!

It occurred to me to try a new project, so I created a new project with 2 midi tracks and randomly selected instruments, and wow, no latency anymore! 🙂 Now the latency is the usual in DAWs.

Out of curiosity I went back to the previous project, and in that previous project there is still the same latency what did i tell you. If I can find out why one project gives me latency and another project has no latency, I'll tell you. Now I can continue testing the DAW

Thanks SP for your attention and patience! 👍

johnebaker wrote on 5/3/2023, 12:06 PM

@Barth_01

Hi

. . . . I went back to the previous project, and in that previous project there is still the same latency  . . .

Have you tried copy and pasting the objects on the timeline from the higher latency project to a new project?

If that reduces the latency then the old project is either corrupt, or has retained a setting that cannot be changed.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Barth_01 wrote on 5/4/2023, 4:19 PM

Hi John

I copied an object from the higher latency project to another project, and in that other project the latency was significantly reduced to acceptable levels.

I'm going to forget about the old project 🙂

Thank you