Keyboard not playing sound where I need it to

Lauren-O wrote on 9/9/2021, 12:38 AM

Hey, so the program defaults to playing audio through the ASIO driver (which I dont have) so it ends up playing through my speakers instead. Nothing out of the ordinary here except I need it in my headphones. When I change the selection to either wave driver or direct sound, the audio that I have imported into the program plays just fine through my headphones, but whenever i try using the keyboard there is absolutely zero sound. In any setting, even if I change it back to what it was originally. I have to reset the settings completely to get any sound from the keyboard at all (which then defaults back to asio driver). I have a predator 15 laptop, windows 10, latest music maker release, nothing plugged in except my mouse/headphones/wacom drawing tablet, if any of that pertains. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/9/2021, 1:46 AM

@Lauren-O Please select ASIO for hearing your keyboard input. This is necessary. You can click on the "Advanced..." button to open the ASIO driver settings and activate your headphones and deactivate your speakers there.

If you cannot get it to work or don't like that Magix Low Latency ASIO blocks all audio except for Music Maker you can try out the FL Studio ASIO driver. For this just install the free FL Studio demo and then select the FL Studio ASIO driver in the Music Maker program settings. I've heard that the generic Steinberg ASIO driver should also work okay but I never tested it.