Izotope plugin problem

mark-d4532 wrote on 6/21/2022, 6:08 PM

I recently upgraded from SF15 to the latest, version 16. After upgrading, Izotope plugins would not work. It threw an error saying the plugin may not have been installed correctly. I re-downloaded and installed/activated the two Izotope suites that come with SF (RX8, and Ozone 9 ELements). At least now the Izotope plugins load, however the one I tried, "Declick" doesn't so much as declick, as simply delete the selected audio. It does the exact same thing as hitting the delete key.

Aside from that showstopper, he ability to organize plugins has also now been removed? In SF15 when you click on the "FX Favorites" menu, the first item is "organize". That option is missing in SF16. All in all, not very happy with paying for this "upgrade" and I have gone back to version 15. If no solution is found here, I'll just uninstall 16, write it off as a bad choice and NEVER upgrade Soundforge again.

Comments

craig-d wrote on 6/22/2022, 3:46 AM

Hi @mark-d4532. I can't reproduce the issues with the RX8 elements...for me it works fine, but I can say that there have been issues with vst 3 versions of the iZotope plugins. The vst2 versions should work fine, and the developers are already working on the vst3 support so it should be back to normal soon. You don't need the Organize window to arrange your plugins, you can do this all via the Plug-in Manager window. So click View > Plug-in Manager, and you can move and arrange your plugins the way you could in the Organize window, it's the same. hope that helps you!

mark-d4532 wrote on 6/25/2022, 1:13 PM

Thank you Craig. I will wait for another update and try again. In the meantime I am using version 15 with the vst3 plugins. There are a couple of the RX8 plugins that form a regular part of my workflow. I will also check out the plug-in manager when I go back to V16.