It Would Be Nice If I Could PLAY What I Recorded....

Barnet-Sherman wrote on 7/25/2023, 1:41 PM

I'm finding Sound Forge 17 to be a big pain in the *ss.

I (finally) was able to record what I needed. A good start.

Now I'd like to hear what I recorded.

I click on the white PLAY triangle and...nothing. Nothing happens. I move the cursor to where I want it to play and...nothing again when I click PLAY.

Hey, here's a software design idea--and I'm just spitballing here--when you have an audio app with a PLAY button, how about it PLAYS what was recorded when you click PLAY.

Any other ideas as to how to get this clunky crappy software to actually do what it is supposed to are welcomed.

I await your guidance on how to get the PLAY button to actually PLAY.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/25/2023, 2:50 PM

@Barnet-Sherman It would be helpful if you can upload a screenshot of your audio settings in the Sound Forge program preferences. You can upload images with the blue arrow icon above the response text box.

Next we would need to know your sound hardware setup. What are you using? A laptop with integrated speakers? An external USB audio interface? A Bluetooth headset?

rraud wrote on 7/25/2023, 4:26 PM

Does the cursor move when you press the 'Play' button? After recording, did you press the 'Stop' button? If you pressed 'Pause' and then Play, it may continue recording from the start or pause point. depending on your Options> Preference settings.
Does the same behavior exist on previously saved files. If so, I would first look at the soundcard or interface settings and routing.
As SP. stated, we need more specific information to help you. Read this comment from the Vegas forum moderator, much of it is universal.