Is there a way to have ARM, automatic dis-arm when you end recording?

Bob-Lange wrote on 4/20/2021, 12:46 PM

Sound Forge Pro 15 Build 45 64 bit. I record narration in many small clips. I would like the arm button to turn off automatically when I stop recording, like SF09, (pre the Arm button). Is that possible? A setting?

Comments

john_barr wrote on 4/20/2021, 2:12 PM

Since Magix removed the record window, this feature has been lost. I would like this feature to be recovered.

Bob-Lange wrote on 4/20/2021, 2:38 PM

It would also be nice to have an icon for "Apply Plug-in Chain" that would apply the pre-selected chain.

Walter.I wrote on 4/21/2021, 5:05 AM

Since Magix removed the record window, this feature has been lost. I would like this feature to be recovered.

+1

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS 4GHz, (UHD Graphics 630,)
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming,
MEM.: 32 GB Ram, DDR4-3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER,
Storage: SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA,
Soundforge Pro 14, Build 111

rraud wrote on 4/21/2021, 4:40 PM

The Record UI was originally changed in SF-11 and remains. In latter versions, the record window can be viewed with 'View> Record Options' .. though it is different from the legacy SF.
"Ctrl+Shift+A" toggles record ready (Arm) on/off. Starting record can be achieved by the "Ctrl+R" or the transport .. if "Ctrl+R" is selected whilst recording.. (instead of 'Stop' or 'Pause') that will stop recording .. and disable record ready. To resume, place the cursor at the end of the timeline and continue recording.

The remote record feature was brought back in SF-15, though it was changed as one would expect.

FWIW, I still use Pro-10 occasionally for the 'preferred' record and plug-in chainer architecture.

+1 @Bob-Lange , an 'Fx Favorites > Apply plug-in chain' toolbar icon and/or key shortcut would be helpful.

Bob-Lange wrote on 4/21/2021, 5:24 PM

Thank you I will try to train myself to use CTRL+R to stop. Then add my Plug in chain.

john_barr wrote on 4/22/2021, 12:21 PM

Thank you I will try to train myself to use CTRL+R to stop. Then add my Plug in chain.

Recording stops by clicking the stop button. Ctrl+R does not work to stop recording.

rraud wrote on 4/22/2021, 2:05 PM

Ctrl+R does not work to stop recording.

It does in SF Pro 11>15, and temporarily suspends record ready (Arm). But like the 'Stop' command, the cursor returns to the previous point. The legacy record UI was intuitive and less fool-proof. I discusses this change with SCS whilst beta testing Pro 11.

john_barr wrote on 4/22/2021, 2:37 PM

Ctrl+R does not work to stop recording.

It does in SF Pro 11>15, and temporarily suspends record ready (Arm). But like the 'Stop' command, the cursor returns to the previous point. The legacy record UI was intuitive and less fool-proof. I discusses this change with SCS whilst beta testing Pro 11.

I just tested Sound Forge Pro 15 build 45. Ctrl+R starts and stops recording. But if i click Ctrl+R again, a new recording starts over the recording that has already been made.

Bob-Lange wrote on 4/22/2021, 3:18 PM

So my OP goal was to have ARM discontinue when the recording is stopped,

so that I may go straight to applying a Plug-In Chain. (someday with an ICON selected chain applier).
Thank you to everyone who replied.