Instrument Activation problem

ch-le wrote on 11/17/2017, 11:41 AM

I recently purchased Music Maker Plus and after activating I installed 2 instruments, strings ensemble and power guitar and they worked fine yesterday.

Today I launched the program again and this time the two instruments were shown as locked, although I was still able to use strings ensemble but not the guitar. I attempted to activate the instruments again with my serial number but it simply says I've already activated all the content.

I'm not sure what changed from yesterday to today for it to suddenly stop working, any help would be appreciated.

(This is using windows 10, my version of MM should be the latest since I only just got it)

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/17/2017, 12:09 PM

Hi,

For a start, go to Help, Update on-line and update to the latest patch. You can see which version you have under Help, About.

Then try the instruments.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ch-le wrote on 11/17/2017, 12:44 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your post! I tried to update as you suggested but it says there are no updates.

My version is: 25.1.1.67 according to About.

ch-le wrote on 11/18/2017, 9:35 AM

Is it possible that the program thinks I'm using standard Music Maker and not Music Maker Plus? And thus the instruments are locked?

Larry98 wrote on 11/18/2017, 9:42 AM

Is it possible that the program thinks I'm using standard Music Maker and not Music Maker Plus? And thus the instruments are locked?

All versions are exactly the same, since there is only one version. The only differences is that after you are activating a edition it adds coupons and than you can unlock with these instruments, functions, soundpools or presets.

Can you please take a screenshot to exactly show what the problem is.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

ch-le wrote on 11/18/2017, 4:03 PM

Never used images on here so hopefully this works.

First screenshot shows the instruments locked. Second shows that when trying to unlock them it asks me to activate and after trying to activate it says I already have the content. As I said before, these instruments were working fine one day and the next they were suddenly locked.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xQfFodG.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mZOLE3M.jpg[/img]

browj2 wrote on 11/18/2017, 5:02 PM

Hi,

You have the latest version. Did you get these instruments through the program Store or separately through the Magix website or in Catooh?

Click on the Store tab and then the popdown and select More instruments. Click on the gear and make sure that the first item, Show purchased items is checked. Do you see the two purchased instruments and are they also locked there?

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ch-le wrote on 11/26/2017, 5:29 AM

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy.

To answer your question yes, I got them after I purchased Music Maker Plus using 2 of my 4 instrument choices through the program store.

I did as you asked and they were listed as acquired. In fact for some reason (even though I didn't change anything else) it seems to be working now, even though it still lists my instruments as locked in my "instruments" tab.

It's odd but not going to complain so long as it works. If they continue to work fine then I suppose my problem is solved? Thanks for all the help!

ReplicantX wrote on 12/17/2017, 12:40 AM

I found this thread by searching on Google just now and it helps me with my problem, as well.

I'm having the same issue: Instruments appear locked in 'My Instruments' but after following the instructions here I can access them through the store. Just like ch-le.

Is there any way to fix this so we don't have to go into the store and scroll through instruments we don't have just to access them?

I just discovered that there is a way to access them without having to go to the store. If you click the plus sign on the far left of a track, you can choose the instrument there, also. Try that and see if it helps.

BenCo wrote on 12/19/2017, 6:41 PM

Same here. Shows up with a lock icon under my instruments, when I click that, it asks for my activation code (which there isn't one). I am able to click the + sign next to a track and add it from there however. Strange that it worked initially, but after closing the app and coming back to it later it no longer works in the standard way from the My Iinstruments list.

ReplicantX wrote on 12/19/2017, 6:45 PM

You should be able to still access them with the "+" sign on the left of each track. And if you go into the store and have it set to show purchased items, you can also add them to your project from there.

I had this problem, as well, but it corrected itself once I bought the Creative Suite and it unlocked VST support.

phalke2001 wrote on 12/11/2022, 7:19 PM

I had purchased Vita saxophonia instrument separately after downloading all in built instruments. My hard disc crashed and now i am not able to activate saxophonia. My e mail does not show serial number but shows order number and activation code but when i press activate on the instrument it says incorrect activation code. I cannot simply contact Magix. My instrument also does not show up in the service center. Kindly help

s.