Installation Suspension PLEASE HELP

owen-mcdougall wrote on 1/30/2018, 6:33 PM

During the installation of Music Maker i recieve a pop up stating "an installation for music maker is currently suspended. you must undo the changes made by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?" and when i select yes it pops up again no matter how many times i press it it keeps poping up.

Please save me

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/31/2018, 5:21 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

The error message you quote suggests that you have previously tried to install MM, that this attempt has failed and so you have tried to restart the installation. Is that correct? If so, I think you may well have completely confused the installer! You could try simply rebooting your computer to check whether that helps.

I suspect it will not, however, and you really need to completely uninstall everything associated with MM. The procedure is explained in detail here. Don't worry that the tutorial specifically refers to problems associated with Windows 10 upgrades, the procedure is the same whatever your operating system.

Once you have completed the uninstall process, make sure you reboot your computer and then try to reinstall MM.

Please post back and let us know whether you have finally been successful, and if not, at what point in the installation process things "start to go wrong".

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam