Installation of Magix Music Maker renders my screensaver useless

truegent wrote on 11/15/2021, 5:10 AM

I have been a user of Magix software for many many years now, and as I move from one computer to another, which I just did this weekend, the same issue happens each and every time. Once Magix Music Maker is installed on my computer my screensaver inevitably stops working. It's as if there is some hidden aspect of the program that remains functionally running that prevents the screensaver from being able to detect the proper timeout and launch. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this issue?

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/15/2021, 5:16 AM

@truegent Maybe it is the Update Notifier service that runs in the background. You can try to disable it in Windows autostart settings or try to uninstall it.

truegent wrote on 11/15/2021, 5:26 AM

That actually made perfect sense to me too, but upon reviewing all components of the program I don't even see the Update Notifier, aka Connect, listed as being installed or running as a service on the machine at all.

truegent wrote on 11/15/2021, 5:32 AM

Another detail just came to mind, this only happens after the program has been run. From a fresh boot, without launching Magix Music Maker, everything with regard to the screensaver works as it should. After using the program, or even during for that matter, the screensaver is somehow disabled until the following reboot without the use of the program.

browj2 wrote on 11/15/2021, 6:45 AM

@truegent

Hi,

I presume that you are using MM2022.

I suggest that you raise a ticket with Magix about this. If possible, give them the name of the screensaver exe if not the default one from Microsoft.

I and others have notified Magix about MM2022 preventing certain other programs from loading, in particular, Video Pro X and Movie Edit Pro, but only on my laptop, not my desktop. This makes it rather hard for Magix to track down the problem but they are aware of it. Your screensaver problem may be related.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos