Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/14/2020, 2:07 PM

@DrTomoculus

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I am sorry if you feel that a forum is not adequate support but that is what Magix have decided should be their approach. No-one who posts here is a member of Magix staff so, whether you receive an immediate reply to your post is entirely down to whether another user who can potentially offer guidance actually visits the forum. You may not think that is acceptable but it is the situation. To have not received any reply in only 24 hours is, perhaps, not ideal but nor is it unacceptable, in my opinion.

"Movie Studio" is actually part of the Magix Vegas range of products and has its own support forum here, though I suspect that no-one there will be able to directly help either.

Support for ALL Magix products is via a ticketed Support system which you can access via this page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam