Instal problem

MICHAEL-EATON wrote on 9/7/2023, 7:59 AM

I have been trying to reinstall Audio Cleaning Lab 365 onto a laptop running Windows 11 and Office 365. All went well until almost the end when I was asked to register and the install stopped with clock like symbol which has stopped moving. Can anybody suggest a solution please?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/7/2023, 9:10 AM

@MICHAEL-EATON

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

This is a new problem to the forums, I think, but there are two possible causes for what you see:

1. Is your 365 subscription still active and fully up to date?
  2. (Perhaps more likely), 365 versions can be installed on a maximum of ONE computer at a time. Since you say you have reinstalled ACL I suspect your account shows the previous installation as still active. If so, and you can still access the previous installation on your (older?) computer, do so and choose the option Help>Deactivate (or similar wording).
    If you cannot access the old computer and its installation you will need to go to your Magix Account, log in, go to My products and find the listing for your version of ACL 365. Directly under the entry for your serial key you should see "Show more details". Click on this and find the registered activation you no longer need and deactivate it.
    Log out, wait a few minutes for the registration server to "catch up" and then try again to register your new installation

If you still experience this problem please post back with the FULL wording of any error message you see (a screenshot of it is ideal).

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

MICHAEL-EATON wrote on 9/7/2023, 10:15 AM

Thanks for this. Managed to get out of the previous installation, cleared all old copies of ACL from the directory and re-installed from My Account as you sggested. All working OK now.

emmrecs wrote on 9/7/2023, 11:32 AM

@MICHAEL-EATON

Excellent news! Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam