Independance

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 8:21 AM

@scarlatino OK, it looks like the License Manager has been found now. Maybe it was installed. Does it make a difference if you use Magix Independence again?

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 8:34 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058 I've found an older version of Independence. Maybe this will help you? It's version 3.1

https://dl03.magix.com/independence_softwaresuite_31_dlm.exe

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 8:38 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058

I found these information on archive.org:

Activation of previous yellow tools & Best Service products

You can still use your current versions of yellow tools products and ENGINE instruments without any limitations.
In order to offer this service to you, activations of previous yellow tools products as well as registrations and activations of ENGINE products will be managed by Best Service.
Please proceed to Best Service for more information.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210120100428/http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=302

So, as far as I understand that, you need to contact Best Service customer support. They need to create a response code for you to unlock the library. It should then also work in Magix Independence.

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 10:53 AM

@scarlatino OK, it looks like the License Manager has been found now. Maybe it was installed. Does it make a difference if you use Magix Independence again?

In Independence this registration form too. I'll try contacting Best Service. Not sure if this is necessary. The same thing worked the last time I installed Windows. I'll try version 3.1.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 12:06 PM

@scarlatino Where did you get the library installer from? From your Magix user account? The link to archive.org also mentions that the licenses were transferred from Yellow Tools to Magix:

All yellow tools user accounts have been transferred including your login details and registered products, so you can immediately log in to the MAGIX Service Center where you will find your registered products and available downloads of the new versions of your products.

So, I suspect that you need to download a new version of the library installer from your Magix customer account for compatibility reasons.

And older installers, which came from Yellow Tools (and not from Magix), may need a Best Service activation.

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 12:13 PM

This thought also occurred to me. But before everything worked for me with already installed content. But I'll try to reinstall it. Today I tried using already installed library files

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 1:39 PM

I just installed all the available installers from my account on my home PC and... lo and behold! Everything worked! You probably need to install the content correctly. Then the activation form starts. Tomorrow I'll try it on a work PC and let you know if the attempt was successful.

scarlatino wrote on 4/27/2024, 4:37 AM

I take back what I said about the lousy Magix activation. On the studio PC it  working too. It was only necessary to install the content correctly. Its files have probably been changed by Magix since the previous OS. Or when installing the library content, some files are installed on drive C. That’s why activation did not work. Everything is fine now. Thanks to everyone who helped!