In File Manager resolution does not match - its too large

playoftheyear wrote on 5/21/2024, 8:36 PM

SO I procured some soundpools from another source. Function Loops to be precise. AT first I had them stored in their own folder for organizational purposes, until I realized that when I re-opened my song to edit, Music Maker couldn't find the Loop, therefore I now store all my soundpools in Shop under Soundpools, all mixed together. This solved that conundrum.

Now I know that these "alien" soundpools will not be visible or usable through the Soundloop interface such as the Soundpools bought through the Music Maker store, although these soundpools have nice cover art as well.

I have to use windows explore to drag and drop(but need a media player to open to hear a sample),

OR

Use the built in File Manager from the Music Maker GUI. Samples can be played through the program nicely.

My problem is the File Manager resolution does not match the resolution of what I have Music Maker running at , 4k.

The font and folder sizes/categories are too large that when I get down to my SHOP folder -I have had to stretch the File Manager window to more than half the screen to read what samples names are.

Can we get a fix for this please?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 5/22/2024, 2:16 AM

@playoftheyear

Hi

Did you try any of the Override High DPI settings in the programs shortcut?

Do make a note of the original settings, before trying these.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

playoftheyear wrote on 5/22/2024, 9:12 AM

i dont know where to start.

this is what I am talking about.

i Dont know what setting to use in shortcut menu, any ideas

playoftheyear wrote on 5/22/2024, 2:44 PM

I used the Override in Compatibility setting to get Music Maker to run in 4K initially, as a matter of fact you helped me with this - here is the forum post -

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/upgraded-monitor-same-pc-resolution-issue-some-help-please--1336735/#ca1927073

thank you very much.

Now, I only need to get the File Manager within Music Maker to be in 4K too....that is as simple as it gets