Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/6/2020, 7:58 AM

I assume you mean single sounds like drum sounds or synth samples and not tracks. You need a sample player to do that. There are free VST sample players. Magix has a Vita Sampler instrument but I'd look for for free options first ( or just use FLStudio).

Amin-Adeli wrote on 5/6/2020, 8:44 AM

I have guitar wav sample and I need to important to piano roll so that I can use my keyboard to play different keys same as midi files. In Fl studio just drag and drop midi file or wav or mp3 in piano roll you will be able to play any keys and get different notes but I don't know how to do that in magix. Only I can drag midi files in piano roll.

johnebaker wrote on 5/6/2020, 10:50 AM

@Amin-Adeli

Hi

I think what you are looking for is the Live Pads feature of Music Maker which is only available in the Premium version.

See under Help, Documentation, Live Pads Interface the PDF manual only has a passing reference to the Live Pads, there are tutorials available on Youtube, how to set up the pads which you can the control by mouse, keyboard or MIDI keyboard - the principle is the same for any version from MMM 2016 to date

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/6/2020, 3:14 PM

I have guitar wav sample and I need to important to piano roll so that I can use my keyboard to play different keys same as midi files. In Fl studio just drag and drop midi file or wav or mp3 in piano roll you will be able to play any keys and get different notes but I don't know how to do that in magix. Only I can drag midi files in piano roll.

So you need a sample player VST. Live Pads as mentioned above is not the thing (I have Live Pads and it doesn't do this). Vita Sampler Instrument might do it but it's not clear what it does and a free vst sample player would do. When you drag samples to the FLStudio interface it it working as a basic sample player.

Amin-Adeli wrote on 5/6/2020, 8:10 PM

Magix gives each wav file loop sample x 7 which is stupid idea... it takes too much space, I deleted other 6 copies from each sample loop and import to piano roll even i will be able to get 61 keys to play with it in Fl studio or Cubase. Wav or mp3 to piano roll, please check the attach file, I think in Magix you can do that with midi file only. Pay more money and get useless Magix.

Please check the attach video

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/7/2020, 2:17 AM

Magix gives each wav file loop sample x 7 which is stupid idea... it takes too much space, I deleted other 6 copies from each sample loop and import to piano roll even i will be able to get 61 keys to play with it in Fl studio or Cubase. Wav or mp3 to piano roll, please check the attach file, I think in Magix you can do that with midi file only. Pay more money and get useless Magix.

You wouldn't do this with loops in any program. Many of the Magix instruments are collections of samples which you sequence in the midi editor/piano roll. But really you're trying to compare different types of program. Music Maker is essentially a loop based music production program with basic DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) facilities. It's not a fully fledged DAW. The cheapest Magix DAW is Samplitude Studio. However you are still ignoring the point that what you want to do with sample sounds in Music Maker can be done by adding a vst sample player.

Amin-Adeli wrote on 5/7/2020, 2:36 AM

I just asking the basic ability that people need to create music that's why I give example and if I uploaded the video just for a better understanding of my question not for software comparison and I'm asking for solution.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/7/2020, 3:41 AM

and I'm asking for solution.

vst sample player is the solution.

However Music Maker gives access a lot of different samples through the instruments that can be sequenced in the midi editor/piano roll. You can choose six with the Premium edition and others are available to buy. Synth, guitar, drum, organ, woodwind and brass sounds as well as others are available.

MarcoStorm wrote on 5/11/2020, 5:11 AM

Dear @Amin-Adeli,

you could use the Vita Sampler, which you could find as instrument in the Music Maker store. This is an VST instrument where you can drag & drop your samples. Your Sample will then be mapped to midi notes, which gives you the possibility to play them with your keyboard.

Best regards,

Marco

Amin-Adeli wrote on 5/11/2020, 5:36 AM

Dear friends,

Thank you all for giving advice and solutions.