Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/6/2021, 1:26 PM

@David-Pook

All iTunes tracks are DRM protected so that they cannot be opened in any software except iTunes. So no, you cannot import them to MM, sorry.

There are apps which claim to be able to remove those DRM (Digital Rights Management) restrictions but you do need to be aware that to run them, and so remove those restrictions, is to risk a charge of an infringement of copyright.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

David-Pook wrote on 8/6/2021, 2:14 PM

Ok I get that to a point, but its music i have purchased. Seems not quite right that I don't actually own my own property to do what I want with..... Oh well :(

SP. wrote on 8/6/2021, 2:19 PM

@David-Pook You can thank the backwards thinking music industry which doesn't allow this. You only buy the right to listen to the songs.

Of course, the musicians don't see money, only the streaming services and label bosses.

In my opinion it shouldn't be a problem to use songs for private remixes.

I really like some forward thinking bands that release stems of their music for remixers. For them it's a additional revenue stream and remixers get the best quality. It's a win-win for both sides.

David-Pook wrote on 8/6/2021, 2:29 PM

@David-Pook You can thank the backwards thinking music industry which doesn't allow this. You only buy the right to listen to the songs.

Of course, the musicians don't see money, only the streaming services and label bosses.

In my opinion it shouldn't be a problem to use songs for private remixes.

I really like some forward thinking bands that release stems of their music for remixers. For them it's a additional revenue stream and remixers get the best quality. It's a win-win for both sides.

Yes thats a great idea, but where do you find things like that for the hobbyist like myself!!