Comments

SP. wrote on 4/1/2021, 6:46 PM

@Rob-Bowden Write a mail to shop@magix.net and ask for a refund.

Or you could show us your program settings with a screenshot and we can give advice. Usually you need to select an ASIO driver (Magix Low Latency) and set it up for your device via the "Advanced..." button.

Dustin-Saunders wrote on 4/3/2021, 1:59 AM

I agree, I'm 90% ready to get a refund because the program is fragile and crashes all the time. In addition, while the sound works it doesn't work with my microphones despite every other program on my PC working just fine.

When I try and record, it will only record at the start of the loop segment whether I want it to or not. When I drag loops in, they randomly jump to a track other than the one I want.

The software is in a REALLY bad state.

And ftr:

i5 Intel Proc
32 GB DDR4 RAM
SSD Samsung EVO

SP. wrote on 4/3/2021, 6:26 AM

@Dustin-Saunders What audio interface are you using? Just using the audio chipset of your computer could be a cause for stability issues.

Are you using a USB-microphone? Is this microphone activated in the ASIO driver settings?

What are your recoring range settings if you record?

How do you drag and drop loops? Very fast and abrupt or much slower?

johnebaker wrote on 4/3/2021, 7:59 AM

@Dustin-Saunders

Hi

Assuming you are using Windows 10 then also check in Windows Settings, Privacy, Microphone, Allow desktop apps to access your microphone enabled as shown below.

Music Maker should appear in the list next time it is started

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Rob-Bowden wrote on 4/3/2021, 3:09 PM

I have uninstalled the program, I don't intend to install it again to stuff around with settings, if it doesn't work out of the box so to speak I ain't interested. I can't recommend a program that doesn't work the way the developers claim.

Dustin-Saunders wrote on 4/16/2021, 1:17 AM

@Dustin-Saunders

Hi

Assuming you are using Windows 10 then also check in Windows Settings, Privacy, Microphone, Allow desktop apps to access your microphone enabled as shown below.

Music Maker should appear in the list next time it is started

John EB
Forum Moderator

Yeah, that's all fine, the issue is that the ASIO driver doesn't work with it and causes the app to crash constantly