i keep getting different answers to these questions

DaceBruh wrote on 8/31/2023, 4:08 PM

so i made some music using only loops, i thought it turned out good until i realized that i cant post it on youtube or anything considered commercial use, which means you cant even use it on anything pretty much, so i have to get an expensive "commercial licenses" in order to even use the music i made, which sucks cause im a 15 year old thats unemployed so i cant even get that much. the srange thing is that the website for MUSIC MAKER says "Once your track is finished, share it with the world on Soundcloud, Spotify and social media — or directly with your fellow Music Makers. Get instant feedback from your peers by uploading your projects to the Producer Base Community with a simple click" so im confused, so is this whole thing just a trick to get people to buy commercial licenses? sure sounds like it cause you cant do anything without it. Im not trying to be rude thats just how i see it

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/31/2023, 5:14 PM

@DaceBruh

Hello welcome

There are other users who buy commercial licenses and upload to YouTube and other sites for promotion and to earn money using links to their songs and albums, without such license you will probably receive a copyright strike from other third party's and YouTube's algorithm if you upload your music.

You can upload music to Spotify, SoundCloud, Producerplanets ProducerBase and the Media section here at Magix, just click the three horizontal bars at the top header and click Media to upload and share and promote your music.

If it's a hobby you don't need to buy a commercial license.

No-one is tricked into buying any license, it's optional for how you intend to use your music.

Producerbase is here, just login with your Magix account.

Magix Media Section here.

And yes you are too young as @SP. stated, upload your music here in the Media section, it's a great community to share your music and receive feedback.

Welcome to Magix.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 8/31/2023, 5:26 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

SP. wrote on 8/31/2023, 5:19 PM

@DaceBruh

which sucks cause im a 15 year old thats unemployed so i cant even get that much

You can't even release your music commercially through distributors until you're 18. For YouTube your parents must create an AdSense account because you're too young