I have a problem with Upgrade: Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition

Juri-Viiras wrote on 8/20/2020, 3:00 AM

Hi,

I have Music Maker Premium

Registration date: 09/12/2017 Serial number: P3 Removed by Moderator

I bought earlier   Sun 2/18/2018 11:22 AM   order number is: Removed by Moderator: Music Maker Premium Edition but I could not update.  

Now I bought again Tue 8/18/2020 9:25 AM Upgrade: Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition. Order number is: Removed by Moderator Again, I can't update my Music Maker Premium. Every time I Download and Install program I get a free Demo version. 

What should I do to get the correct Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition?

Best regards

Juri Viiras

Tallin, Estonia

Removed by Moderator

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/20/2020, 4:06 AM

@Juri-Viiras

Hi and welcome to the forum

Please do not post serial numbers, order numbers and other confidential information into the forum. It is the quickest way of having your product hijacked.

After purchase

1. Install the program all variants start with the free version

2. Activate/register the free version with the serial number - this will unlock al;l the extra features etcof the Plus and Premium versions

3. The extras features etc will appear under the Downloads tab - download and install these.

4. If you have coupons to redeem - don't use them yet - go through all the Soundpools and Instruments first to see what you have got before redeeming and obtaining others - once you have selected a Soundpool or Instrument you cannot change your mind.

Also see this bug list - you may be affected by some of them, Magix is working on them, a patch is due soon.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Juri-Viiras wrote on 8/20/2020, 4:29 AM

Hi Thank you for the quick response. I did everything as you wrote. Everything must be unlocked. But I see that this did not happen. Should I uninstall and download the program again?

Juri-Viiras wrote on 8/20/2020, 4:48 AM

Hi, Additionally. Point 3 is on the program. Download Instruments and Lops. But I see that there is no way to publish music files to YouTube or other sites. This means that not everything is unlocked.

johnebaker wrote on 8/20/2020, 6:49 AM

@Juri-Viiras

Hi

. . . . Should I uninstall and download the program again? . . . .

That should not be necessary unless you were getting warning messages from your Antivirus program saying the program was trying to access protected folders or something similar - the wording depends on the Antivirus installed.

If you were getting warning messages you would have to turn off Folder protection/Protected folders/Ransomware protection, before re-installing.

First try logging out of the Store, restart Music Maker and then log back into the Store.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/20/2020, 6:51 AM

But I see that there is no way to publish music files to YouTube or other sites. This means that not everything is unlocked.

Of course there is a way. You have to buy a commercial licence for any loops you want to use.

johnebaker wrote on 8/20/2020, 7:56 AM

@Juri-Viiras

Hi

. . . . I see that there is no way to publish music files to YouTube or other sites. . . . .

A built in uploader for Youtube is not available within Music Maker 2021. You would have to use YTs uploader.

To add to @Graham-Hawker comment you need the commercial licences for all Soundpools used in your creation - see this article.

Note from the article

. . . . are not used commercially, you can upload them to Soundcloud, Youtube or other portals. . . . .

If YT, or other similar sites, place adverts before, during or after the music, then this is generating money, unfortunately not for you.

Whether this falls into the 'used commercially' you would need to ask Magix Sales as it is a grey area. To be on the safe side buy the commercial licenses.

You can avoid this if you

1. compose an original work

2. create the work using the instruments only either by playing them with an external MIDI keboard or using the MIDI Editor to write the notes.

AND/OR

record your self playing an instrument eg guitar.

3. Do not use any of the default music that is loaded when you add an instrument to the timeline - these are copyrighted.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/20/2020, 7:57 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Juri-Viiras wrote on 3/7/2021, 3:40 AM

Hi. New year, new problem. The old version that I bought in 2020 worked without problems until early March 2021. Then, when opening the platform, it was clear that it was transformed into a free version. And it was suggested to buy a new version of Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition. OK, I bought it, order number is: Removed by Moderator I did everything according to the instructions, entered the Serial number and the platform was activated. But then, a few days later, there was some kind of mistake. The computer hung up and I had to restart. After that, I could no longer activate the platform and constantly receive an offer to buy Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition again. It's just some kind of problematic platform. What should I do? Is there a reason to continue looking for a problem or to request a refund?

emmrecs wrote on 3/7/2021, 4:32 AM

@Juri-Viiras

You were previously advised that you should never publish confidential data, like order numbers etc., to a public forum like this one. So why have you included your order number in your most recent post? I have edited the post to remove it.

These are user to user forums, not Magix Support

What was the mistake you refer to? Please tell us exactly what happened, or didn't, and any error message you received. When the app restarted as the Free edition, did you check the "Magix Account" tab on the opening splash screen? What does it show? There is an option to "Enter your Music Maker 2021 serial number here". Have you tried doing that? With what result?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Juri-Viiras wrote on 3/7/2021, 10:27 AM

Sorry, I didn't think it was possible to specify the order number. I will answer your questions: 1. When I was forming midi tracks, the Music Maker program suddenly hung up and I could not do anything even to close the program. I had to restart the computer by pressing the shutdown button. When the computer booted up, I reopened Music Maker. From that moment I saw that the program was in the free version (there was no Music Maker), There was no connection to my account. In the Start window of Music Maker the account was shown by Musik Maker - free. Below is the opportunity to enter the serial number. This area was empty. I copied the serial number again. Pressing the activation button nothing happened. There was no activation. After a while, I saw that my email address appeared in the upper right corner. I clicked activate plptform again, but nothing changed. The platform does not respond to the serial number. Then I erased the platform and uploaded it again. But everything remained unchanged. The platform does not respond to the serial number and is not activated.

Best regards Juri Viiras

Juri-Viiras wrote on 3/7/2021, 10:37 AM

Just a fairy tale. As I sent you an email, I returned to the platform. I logged out the platform and logged in again. About a miracle! The platform has been activated. Sorry that because of me you wasted time.

Огкш