I have a new program with MAGIX for updating

RHONDA-HARFORD wrote on 11/3/2021, 9:29 PM

I need help in being able to take the recording. I record with a client on the phone and I need to copy 80 mins and burn to a CD and then go to the next part and copy and paste and burn to CD ...if they are in person it records better, but I still can not high light the waves and burn. When I was with Sony Forge it was a piece of cake this new upgrade can't be that hard and I'm not able to do the same with the new Program I need help! on why I can burn to a CD?

I'm better with audio and visual instructions. Please someone help me! So I can work in getting the recording to burn and get to my clients and go to my next...I'm holding clients off! I can't continue to hold them off! especially the pre-paid!

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/4/2021, 9:36 AM

Hi @RHONDA-HARFORD, what version and build of Sound Forge are you using ? Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

Are you stating you can record and save the audio file succesfully, but cannot burn the audio CD? Does the optical (CD) drive function normally otherwise? Is the optical drive available in SF. Error messages? I assume you are not trying to burn 80 minutes to a 74 minute CD-R disc.

Addendum: If your legacy version of Sound Forge worked, use that. Multiple versions of SF can be installed on the same PC without issue.
You can also request a Magix Sound Forge tech support ticket.
Support instructions if you need them (it is a bit confusing):
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047

RHONDA-HARFORD wrote on 11/4/2021, 2:40 PM

H!! raud,

thank you! for your help! I've been using Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio Version 10 for years I'm a professional astrologer of 30 yrs and I have it come through the phone into the computer with the Audio Studio title and save and burn while they are here or when they leave or long distance. No problems then I needed a better disc to transfer to other computers. So I purchased another Version 10 Sony Audio Version 10. My reading with client may go 2 hrs and 15 min save with name and date. then Save AS again for backup! So I'm using 80 minutes and cute it at 68 minutes. Highlight the waives and then cut and burn that portion. The I high light the waives burn it. Cut that then the last of the read, etc. Then I back up and back and back to the saved if I don't get the cut portion back. Then I have the extra saved portion name and date. Then Sound Forge had updated 14 took it then they offered the 15 and now but I did pay extra this time again for Cd backup so I could use on other computers especially my new Lap-top to travel with...but I can hear anything and I can't burn what is sitting there. I did reinstall again but nothing! I did test to see if it was recording in person and it was making waives so I thought I was good to go! now nothing to highlight to burn. Rhonda

RHONDA-HARFORD wrote on 11/4/2021, 2:43 PM

can't hear anything and can't burn anything so I'm loading CD to download again!