I don't want to download it if it's not good, Honest opinions please??

BeyondLife wrote on 4/8/2022, 7:28 PM

Hello Magix family. I have been a fan and a user of MAGIX since Playstation 1 when it came out on a disc. My favorite is MM 2013 Premium. The interface is better to me and it was easy to operate. Recently I tried to use it and nothing works right. I tried doing a repair which caused the program to not work at all. I contacted MAGIX and they recommended that I tried this new MMaker. I have the 2020 Version and I don't like it. I don't like the interface and I do not like the way that the Mastering Suite is on it. I am a Native Instruments guy but, Magix was my 1st so, I have a special type of love for it. Once we entered into 2020 to me every version of the Music Maker has been garbage. I think that it's because they spend so much time on the other music software that they create and treats the MMM as if it's the unwanted step child. Please give me your opinions, is it worth investing in???

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/8/2022, 11:38 PM

Hi,

Judge for yourself. I suggest that you review everything on the Magix.com site about Music Maker.

The price is right - Music Maker is FREE! Download and install it. Join/log in (using your un/pw for your Magix account). Once in, go to the Downloads tab/window and download and install everything that comes with the Free Edition. If your existing Soundpools are in the default location, they will most likely be found and show up. Make sure everything works, especially with your system. Play.

Look at the Comparison chart on Magix.com for Free/Plus/Premium Editions. You will have everything checked under the Free Edition column. If later you decide to purchase the Premium Edition, do so. When you receive the serial number, you put it in the box on the Welcome screen, activate, go to downloads and download and install everything that comes with Premium. Do not download anything from the email because the download is for Music Maker which you will now already have. You will also get credits for some instruments and Sounpools of your choice (instruments are limited to those created by Magix - not all instruments listed are by Magix).

There are no separate programs for editions, only the free version of Music Maker 2022. You only install Music Maker once - any and all Editions can be activated from that same version of Music Maker, including previous Editions (they should show up if you are logged in - but only back to about 2016, I believe).

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Graham-Hawker wrote on 4/9/2022, 4:36 AM

I think that it's because they spend so much time on the other music software that they create and treats the MMM as if it's the unwanted step child. Please give me your opinions, is it worth investing in???

I think they spend more time on Music Maker than some of the other software especially Acid. Although I can't run Music Maker 2022 properly the thing I don't like is that in Music Maker 2020 and earlier versions, if you bought the Premium Edition this gave you access to a whole bunch of instruments and features of your choice. Now you just get a few with no choice. It seems to have shifted the emphasis to Songmaker AI and Beatbox. Which show that it is consumer entertainment software. After Music Maker 2020 (or is it 2021 - the first 64bit version) there's nothing worth getting the upgrade for even I could use it.

SP. wrote on 4/9/2022, 5:04 AM

@BeyondLife If you have old software that doesn't run anymore, get a second hard drive for your computer and install Windows 7. I use old computers with Windows XP and Windows 98 SE because I cannot run some old programs on newer systems and they don't work very good or not at all in a virtual machine.

BeyondLife wrote on 4/16/2022, 7:25 PM

Hey SP. I am si disappointed. Today, I reinstalled WIN 7 on a back up HD and tried to reinstall my MMM Premium 2013 from the disc and guess what,? I got an install error message telling Mt that a cab file was corrupt. How do U corrupt a file on a disc? A non rewritable disc. 1 purchased fro. MAGIX? I am angry about that... Thanks for your advice though it didn't work for me...

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/16/2022, 10:11 PM

@BeyondLife

Hello, welcome

Try and give the disc a good clean to see if that helps.

Temporarily turn off firewall and anti virus, including windows defender before installing again to see if that helps.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans