I can't open my audio recordings to send to clients

Janet-Large wrote on 9/9/2021, 12:36 PM

My sound forge 13 suddenly stopped allowing me to open my saved mp3 files and get them sent electronically to my clients. When I try to paste an induction in the front of the session, it no longer allows me to do that either. I can't service my customers. I can't find a phone number to talk to someone, I am at the mercy of spending hours filtering through this website being unable to find anything that matches. Pretty much losing money because I can't sell my product and meet my clients' needs. Any help would be appreciated. I use a Windows 10 PC

Comments

rraud wrote on 9/10/2021, 9:17 AM

Do your MP3s playback in Windows Media Player or a generic player like WinAmp.
If it is a Sound Forge encoding issue, you can render a PCM in Sound Forge and use a third-party encoding application. I like the 'WinLAME RC3' GUI / LAME encoder. There are many others available as well.

btw @Janet-Large, this is a users forum. You can request Magix tech support here.

Requesting a support ticket is a little confusing so you may want to peruse a recent instructions thread: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047

Janet-Large wrote on 9/10/2021, 4:14 PM

Thank you. I did not understand a thing you said. I have used Sony Sound Forge since 2008. This is my first glitch. Yes, when I click on it to play it comes up in some weird windows program. But in need to get these recordings to my clients. What is a PCM? Is WinLAME RC3' something I put my recordings into to send them somewhere?

Thank you so much for giving me so many links to find out what to do. I just do not understand why they no longer let you call a tech person to walk you through the process.

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me.

SP. wrote on 9/10/2021, 5:39 PM

@Janet-Large The idea is, because it can take some time to find the cause of your issue, that you convert your MP3 files into WAV files because this should work fine in Sound Forge. This way you can finish the work for your customers now and solve the problem at a late time.

There are free tools out there that let you convert MP3 into WAV and WAV into MP3.

For example you could use https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/ This tool can also convert a lot of other file formats.

Janet-Large wrote on 9/11/2021, 11:44 AM

Thank you. A long time ago, I used to save them to a WAV file. Most of my clients couldn't open them, so I learn how to do MP3 and haven't had a problem for 8 or so years, then, bam! I have to learn something new. Technology is so complicated. I appreciate you helping me.

I will try that as well.

rraud wrote on 9/11/2021, 5:59 PM

If I understand correctly Janet-Large, you want MP3 files to open with Sound Forge by default. That is a PC preference setting.
Right-click one of your MP3 files and choose "Open with another app" and in the subsequent window. check-mark "Always use this app to open MP3 files" Then select 'Sound Forge'. if it is not listed in the (recommended) application list.. choose, 'Look for another app on this PC" and find the Sound Forge <.exe> file in the Program Files> SOUND FORGE folder.
There are other ways to accomplish this default application task as well.

btw, your default file application would not prevent your clients from opening MP3 files.

Janet-Large wrote on 9/12/2021, 10:52 PM

Oh, ok. I will try that. I appreciate you checking in while I am trying to figure this out.