I am using my Magix MusicMaker 17 and Zoom L-12 Live Track

Stefanos-Bekos wrote on 4/13/2023, 10:38 AM

I am using my Magix Music Maker 17 and I have a Zoom L-12 Live Track I have installed the ASIO driver for it and it is listed in the Magix menu to choose it but for some reason it will not load it. I have tried everything I could think of but maybe I'm missing something. Can anybody help with this issue? Please!!!

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/14/2023, 1:46 AM

@Stefanos-Bekos It sounds like the driver cannot be initialized. Have you tried restarting your computer? Be sure to select Restart and not Shut down. A restart will free up all drivers, maybe it will load then. Does the driver work with other audio software?

stef-b wrote on 4/14/2023, 11:48 AM

This driver is only for the Zoom L-12 Live Track when the driver is loaded and recognized I should be able to record from the Zoom L-12 Live Track to the Magix Music Maker 17. Unfortunetly I do not own other DAW'S!!!!

SP. wrote on 4/14/2023, 4:23 PM

@stef-b So, you now can select the driver in the program settings? This is not clear from your response.

Most DAWs offer free trial versions. There are also free DAWs available like Cakewalk. With them you could test your Zoom Driver.

Maybe Music Maker 17 is too old? Or are you talking about Music Maker 2017?

Humble Bundle currently sells the DAW Samplitude Pro X5 and a newer version of Music Maker and some other Magix products for about $25. But I'm not sure if this will help with your problems.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/king-content-creator-bundle-software

stef-b6950 wrote on 4/15/2023, 6:09 AM

Ok first I'd like to thamk you for your time and your feed back. So thanks. Yes I'm using Magix MusicMaker 2017. To be clear in the options menu in Magix  Music Maker 2017 the Zoom L-12 ASIO driver is there, but when I click on it to load it a pop up window says error the driver can not loaded. I will how ever down load a free DAW and try it, and as a last result I will buy another usb cable. But the usb cable I am using works with Magix  Music Maker 2017 and the usb keyboard Magix Music Maker 17 XXL. I'll let you know how things turn out after Easter weekend, cause today is good Friday for Greek orthodox Thanks again

Stef Bekos

SP. wrote on 4/15/2023, 6:24 AM

@Stefanos-Bekos You could also try the following. Select the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver. Then click on the Advanced button. You will see a list of WDM-compatible devices. Enable your Zoom device there if it is listed. Then it should theoretically work with the Magix Low Latency driver.

johnebaker wrote on 4/15/2023, 6:43 AM

@Stefanos-Bekos

Hi

. . . . I will buy another usb cable. . . . .

USB cable come in 2 types, charging (power) only, and charging (power) + data, as the cable works with a USB keyboard it is not the issue.

The issue is more likely that the Zoom L12 outputs 4 channels (tracks) over USB, Music Maker, any version, does not support multiple channel (track) recording.

As @SP. has commented a DAW such as Samplitude does support multi channel (track) recording.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

stef-b6950 wrote on 4/16/2023, 2:14 AM

OK Thank You. I will figure out what to do next. I will propably purchace a new DAW. I will do some reaserch as to wich one is better suited for my needs as a musician song writer. Thank you again for your time and quick responce.

Stef bekos