Humble bundle's Hip Hop Edition

Emankcin wrote on 5/14/2021, 11:03 AM

There was recently a bundle containing VEGAS Pro and Music Maker 2021 Score Edition. I've had a lot of fun with the latter so when I saw a new bundle with a new edition and the loops and instruments that came along, I quite enthusiastically bought it. When I tried to activate it though, pretty much nothing changed : no loop, no instrument ... Heck, the store was even telling me I could buy the Hip Hop edition !

Eventually I figured out that the edition bundled in Heal: Covid-19 bundle was for Music Maker 2020 and was not compatible with the 2021 version.

Was that intentional ? Because it isn't mentioned in the item description on the site (it is in the video description but I can't ctrl+f videos). I wouldn't go as far as saying that I feel scammed but, yeah, I'm definitely disappointed.

Anyway, I hope this will save the time of other people in my case.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/14/2021, 11:17 AM

@Emankcin You can just install the 2020 version in a different folder than your 2021 version and then you can use your Hip Hop Soundpool coupons. The Soundpools work in both versions.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/14/2021, 11:25 AM

. When I tried to activate it though, pretty much nothing changed : no loop, no instrument ... Heck, the store was even telling me I could buy the Hip Hop edition !

Eventually I figured out that the edition bundled in Heal: Covid-19 bundle was for Music Maker 2020 and was not compatible with the 2021 version.

Was that intentional ?

It should be possible to get the content working in Music Maker 2021. When you say nothing changed do you man there was no redeem credit option and you can get the credits for the soundpools and instruments showing in the shop?

If this is true then the download link on the Humble order page should be for Music Maker 2020 and once installed you will be able to activate and redeem credits. Any soundpools or instruments can then be added to Music Maker 2021.

Emankcin wrote on 5/14/2021, 2:36 PM

I installed the 2020 version where I was able to pick my "free" soundpools and instruments. Then, when I launched the 2021 version, I could indeed access what I had picked !

Thanks for your answers, I'm new to this software and didn't know it would work like that. What an emotional ride !