Comments

MarcoStorm wrote on 5/11/2020, 7:43 AM

Dear @martin-smith,

to get started using VST instruments in ACID, please check the program help first. There you should get a got start point. Then the first I would do is to open the Plugin Manager which you could find in the view menu. I have always docked this in the bottom dock to have my plugins always available. In the plugin manager you should at first check your plugin folders and add new folders if you have any third party plugins installed. Then you could go to Soft Synths in the Plugin Manager and just drag & drop your favorite plugin in to the arranger. Then a new MIDI track will be created and also a soft synth bus. Routing is done automatically. Then you are ready to play the instrument, either with a midi keyboard, or by editing a MIDI clip with the piano roll (G) or the clip properties.

you will find our latest video about the ACID workflow. At minute 18 the recording of a VST instrument starts. I hope this helps you getting started with the great world of VST instruments ;-)

Best regards,

Marco

Former user wrote on 5/11/2020, 5:32 PM

i am very new to using VST instruments.

i honestly dont even know how to get started.

are there any vids that someone can give me a link to?

thanks

Right click to add a Midi track, click on the little piano roll button and add a synth. From the list of synths, pick the one you want. Play away!