How to use Melodyne on SMS 2023?

MauX-65 wrote on 9/29/2023, 1:31 PM

Hello to you all,
I purchased Samplitude Music Studio 2023 and, for now, I am very satisfied with my purchase.
I have a license of Celemony Melodyne Essential 5 which I have installed on my Windows 10 PC and which works perfectly with other daws (Cubase 12 and Studio One 6).
I think I understand that with Samplitude Music Studio 2023 I have to load it from the Object Editor: can you confirm this for me?
I downloaded the program manual but I couldn't find any information about this....
However, I managed to do this and I saw that in the waveform Object, many small midi notes are formed which, however, I cannot break down to drag them onto a midi Instruments track for example (as I do in Studio One).
Can you kindly help me understand how to best use Melodyne with Samplitude Music Studio 2023?
Thanks in advance for your patience..

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/29/2023, 1:59 PM

@MauX-65 In Samplitude Pro X you can convert an audio object to MIDI via the right click menu if Melodyne is installed. If this doesn't work with Music Studio it might be a deliberate limitation.

MauX-65 wrote on 9/29/2023, 2:28 PM

Thank you very much SP. for your input.

You're right, Melodyne works as expected but there's no way to create a midi object from the edited wave files.

I would like to ask, if possible: once i edited a audio object with Melodyne, how can i bounce it in order to save CPU processing load?

SP. wrote on 9/29/2023, 3:09 PM

@MauX-65 The best idea is to freeze the complete track or object.

I recommend doing this because in older versions of Samplitude was a bug that removed every change done with Melodyne after reopening the project.

I don't know if this is still the case with the newest version but the problem could be circumvented by freezing before saving and unfreezing after reopening.

MauX-65 wrote on 9/29/2023, 3:21 PM

Thank you SP. for your kind help, really apreciated 🙏