How to set up midi instruments so they play, can be monitored,recorded

Comments

doug_mccarron wrote on 6/15/2024, 9:22 PM

Ok. I can get the plug in's keyboard and my main keyboard to generate sound I can hear, I can record it, play it back, and export it as a wav. So that is a start. Can't get my external midi keyboard to do anything. Well it does work on my windows 10 machine so I will stay with that.

I did drop down to asio4all 2.14 from 2.15. Not sure if it did anything but now I can get sound, record and play it back, and export. So I guess that will do.

Maybe I should plug my keyboard into music maker, though I don't know if it lets me generate my own stuff or I am limited to the clips it gave me.

Sort of success, better than before.

Thank you for your assistance. Any other advice is welcome.

Douglas

We are born an awareness that takes a body. During life we build a personality, defense system, understanding of life. But all of that came after we were born, and is not who we truly are. We are each one seven billionth of one species among hundreds of thousands of species on a small little planet that circles a small ball of fire in a galaxy containing more suns than all the grains of sand in all the deserts of the earth, a galaxy among billions of galaxies, a galaxy flying through never ending space at 1,304,880 miles per hour. Our made up personality wants to be the center of all things, a god, but we aren't. We are like those little grains of sand in the endless eternal desert, but diamonds and sapphires are grains of sand. Like those little grains of sand, we are each a beautiful diamond. Let God love you.

j-s wrote on 6/19/2024, 4:14 PM

give it up for your own sanity, if it doesn't work it has a bug, its a DAW not the ******* Hadron collider.

it's supposed to be a simple thing.

doug_mccarron wrote on 6/19/2024, 5:29 PM

I agree, but so it goes. After a couple days I got it so it responds to the keyboard, records, exports, so at least it does that.

We are born an awareness that takes a body. During life we build a personality, defense system, understanding of life. But all of that came after we were born, and is not who we truly are. We are each one seven billionth of one species among hundreds of thousands of species on a small little planet that circles a small ball of fire in a galaxy containing more suns than all the grains of sand in all the deserts of the earth, a galaxy among billions of galaxies, a galaxy flying through never ending space at 1,304,880 miles per hour. Our made up personality wants to be the center of all things, a god, but we aren't. We are like those little grains of sand in the endless eternal desert, but diamonds and sapphires are grains of sand. Like those little grains of sand, we are each a beautiful diamond. Let God love you.