How to Re-Install Music Maker 2018

theshadowboxer wrote on 1/20/2018, 10:52 AM

Hi

I recently purchased MM2018, but for some reason, after working fine for a few weeks, it now keeps asking me for the Activation Code everytime I start it up. It has also started crashing frequently. I believe that I need to re-install the software. Could some tell me how to go about doing this please.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/20/2018, 10:57 AM

Hi.

A very comprehensive tutorial on how to uninstall and reinstall any Magix program that is not running properly is here. Although originally targeted at problems occurring after any Win 10 update, it is also a very useful general guide to sorting such problems.

However, I would also want to at least try to discover why these problems started to happen in the first place, in order to ensure there is no repeat!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

theshadowboxer wrote on 1/21/2018, 6:44 AM

Thanks Jeff

I appreciate that you need more info to investigate why this happens but unfortunately, I am unable to provide any answers. I haven't recently done anything like updating Windows etc, but it did seem to start after I was using the Vita Drum Machine and the system was recording but I didn't want it to record so I stopped the recording after which the system hanged & crashed. It was about this time that I was then asked to input the activation code everytime I opened MM Premium 2018.

HTH