How to Move Music Maker To Another Computer

Hacked.Fusion01 wrote on 9/4/2018, 9:24 AM

Once again this product is proving to be really difficult with the simplest things.

So. I'm trying to figure out how to move my Magix Music Maker software to another computer but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I downloaded from the website so I don't have a box. But I do still have the number to activate it. I have seen that it can only be on one computer at a time so it has to be deactivated from the first computer in order to be moved. But then I've seen that there's problems with moving soundpools over to the new computer because Music Maker can't find them. But I haven't seen anyone ask about moving the instruments. I plan on purchasing a bunch of instruments soon in Music Maker so I want to make sure that when I move it over to the new computer that my instruments I've downloaded will be there. Because the instruments are expensive and I don't want to purchase those twice.

I've seen where to make sure that Music Maker can find the stuff again you'd have to do something with the files but I don't understand it.

I'd just like to know what to do before I start moving everything over.

I'd like to know asap so I can start doing some projects on my new computer.

Thanks.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/4/2018, 12:44 PM

@Hacked.Fusion01

Hi

Depending on how old your Music Maker 2018 or 2019 then it can be installed and used on 2 computers.

If you have an older version which only allowed 1 install then you will have to un-install it and re-install on the new computer and then download and install all the extras.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Hacked.Fusion01 wrote on 9/4/2018, 3:33 PM

@johnebaker

I have Music Maker 2018 Premium. So that's some good news but I still don't understand how to add all my extras back. Like do I have to copy files over or what? And again this is asking about moving the instruments that I download not soundpools. I saw something about some​ kind of online registry but I'm still confused. Could you give me more detail please?

browj2 wrote on 9/4/2018, 4:58 PM

@Hacked.Fusion01

You install everything on the second computer - program, activate, activate old versions if any, update the program to the latest patch, then go into the Store, presets, and start downloading and installing everything that does not have a price. The first one will probably bring up the Download Manager and you can then simply select download and install everything - presets, features, Instruments, and Soundpools.

There is no such thing as "moving" a program. You have to install it.

Once done:

1. Set up everything under Program settings to be like what you have on the other computer, including any external VST's and VSTi's;
  2. If you have any Soundpools from prior versions that were not bought through the in-app Store, you have to copy them over to the same location. They are probably under: C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools;
  3. Under Soundpools in MMM, if they don't all show up, Add them by going to the the menu at the top of the Media Pool, Add, and navigating the main folder. See my tutorial on Soundpools and licensing;
  4. Copy all of your program files, that is, the projectname.mmm files, exports, recordings, etc. from your first computer to your second computer and put them in the same location - path, folder, subfolder.

Then you should be good to go.

Remember, anything that you recorded that is not MIDI, needs to also be copied over or when you open a project that uses the recording, MusicMaker won't be able to find it. This includes any video clips that you may have used.

Good luck,

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Hacked.Fusion01 wrote on 9/4/2018, 6:38 PM

But what about instruments that I download. As in virtual instruments that I brought from Music Maker store??

browj2 wrote on 9/4/2018, 7:42 PM

Hi,

Everything that has been bought from the Store will show up under the Store to be downloaded unless you log in with a different account.

Check right now under the Store on your first computer with the setting to show purchased items and you'll see your instruments.

I have Music Maker on 2 computers and everything that I had purchased showed up. As I mentioned, you still have to download and install everything on the second computer.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Hacked.Fusion01 wrote on 9/4/2018, 9:18 PM

Ohhhhh. I'm a dummy. Okay I got it now. Thank you so much!