Comments

SP. wrote on 8/8/2023, 6:50 AM

@Pauly13 You start the installer. It will ask you where to install the program and where to install the plugins (in case it wants to install AAX plugins, you don't need these if you don't have Avid Pro Tools). Usually VST plugins should be installed under:

• 64-bit VST3 plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
  • 32-bit VST3 plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
  • 64-bit plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
    or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
    or C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
    or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2
  • 32-bit plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins

VST3 plugins will most likely be installed automatically in the correct folder because the VST3 standard requires the paths mentioned above.

VST2 plugins paths are likely going to be different for each plugin developer. It is a good practice to install VST2 plugins under the same path. Of course, for each VST2 plugin you can create its own subfolder there for better file management. Because each VST2 developer did a differently and this confused a lot of users, the VST3 standard now requires the paths mentioned above.

After that is done, you open Sound Forge and go into the preferences and check if the VST directories are included in the VST paths settings. Then you scan the paths. Sound Forge might automatically find new VST3 plugins during its plugin scan after you start the software.

Pauly13 wrote on 8/8/2023, 10:23 AM

I tried everything you specified (with a more computer savvy friend helping) and although the program and all it's modules are there in the add path in Options\Preferences\VST Effects, and I did refresh, I did add the path c\Program Files\ Common Files\VST3\izotope, the Ozone 10 still will not show up in FX Favorites. I also am getting a Program Updater keeps popping up, I hit ok, and it disappears with doing anything. Is this interfering with finding the Modules in FX Favorites? Thanks again.

rraud wrote on 8/8/2023, 12:30 PM

Hi @Pauly13, you can add Ozone and your other desired plug-ins to the 'FX Plug-ins' menu (aka, favorites), for quick access using the relatively new (SF-16 & 17). "Plug-in Manager" in the 'View' menu.

I am getting a Program Updater keeps popping up,

Uninstall the 'Update Notifier', it is in “Program files> Common files> Magix”
As I recall, there are other ways to get rid of the annoyance as well. Search the forum.

johnebaker wrote on 8/8/2023, 1:17 PM

@Pauly13

Hi

In addition to @rraud comment, 'As I recall, there are other ways to get rid of the annoyance as well. ' - uninstall the Update Notifier from your Windows, Settings, Apps, Installed apps (or similar), do not delete the executable or other files in the path Rick gave you.

It may be installed under a different name depending on the version installed, the current version is Magix Cloud Import, other names include Connect and Network Sync.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/8/2023, 1:21 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Pauly13 wrote on 8/9/2023, 9:20 AM

I looked at that folder and there's a lot of stuff in there! Is there a way you could tell me just what to delete? The reason I want it gone is that it doesn't follow through with any updates, it just keeps re-appearing and even when I click register (or whatever it said) it just disappears. When I restarted my computer later, it said that the update notifier was still open!

rraud wrote on 8/9/2023, 10:18 AM

I see you had this issue in 2022 with SF15, was that resolved or did you upgrade to 16 or 17 and it reappeared?

I assume you already disabled "Use Newsfeed to stay informed." in 'Options> Preferences> General'

Pauly13 wrote on 8/9/2023, 11:12 AM

Yes sir I did have an issue then, but it was the annoying newsfeed thing and yes that is. disabled. This is the update service and I think I remember having that also...that is what I am unsure about exactly what to delete in the FXplugins folder - which I DID find, but there's a lot going on in there.. Sounds like John, the mod says not to delete the .exe (I would have thought that was exactly what to do.) Anyway, no I am still on Audio Studio 15, was working great, had no probs until computer crashed (after general meddling from Geek Squad.) I also am still having trouble getting Ozone 10 to load in the FX Favorites, but got a reply from Sweetwater / Magix yesterday complete with screencaps and will attempt that next. For now, gotta kill this updater. Thanks man.

johnebaker wrote on 8/9/2023, 12:22 PM

@Pauly13

Hi Pauly13

. . . . Sounds like John, the mod says not to delete the .exe (I would have thought that was exactly what to do.) . . . .

I think you skipped the first part of the sentence where I commented -  uninstall the Update Notifier from your Windows, Settings, Apps, Installed apps (or similar).

Deleting the one file. while that can work in some instances, it is not recommended.

As you have found there are a lot of files in that folder, uninstalling the feature will also remove the features supporting files.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

rraud wrote on 8/9/2023, 12:37 PM

In most cases, deleting a program's <.exe> file can cause problems... Always uninstall, I have been using 'Revo Uninstall' for years which can also remove leftover data files that can cause issues to remain. Revo also has a 'hunter' mode to help find an application.
As @johnebaker stated, the notifier maybe named something other than "Update notifier". I am not sure since I never install the notifier to begin with.

Pauly13 wrote on 8/9/2023, 4:07 PM

Guys - I went ahead and purchased SF Audio Studio 17 - with your help here (and a senior tech guy from Sweetwater) I have solved ALL these problems! Thank you again

Paul