How to get all free items from Catooh that came with VPX5

lynns wrote on 10/27/2013, 7:30 PM

I recently downloaded Microsoft Windows 8.1, and after doing so, I’ve had to re-install all my programs, etc. Including Magic Video Pro X5. When I finished completely downloading it, I realized all of the free items, (like menu’s, intros, effects,) were missing. I have to re-install them. So I tried, but when I went to Cahtooh, and logged in, I could find most of the menu’s and all that came with VPX5, but they all had prices on them, like I had to pay for them even though they came free with my program I purchased from Magix last year! Thank you for any help you can offer. 

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/28/2013, 7:16 AM

Have you tried clicking on "Help>Free Downloads" and/or "Help/Install extra programs" from within VPX5?  The former should open a screen where all the free downloads can be selected.  The latter seems to be limited to the 2 NewBlueFX programs included, "TitlerEX" and "Colorfast".

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/28/2013, 7:16 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

lynns wrote on 10/28/2013, 10:54 AM

Thank you! I now have my menu templates etc. Thanks so much! However, Colorfast and TitlerEX won't load! How do you open the file's on Magix after you've installed them?

emmrecs wrote on 10/28/2013, 3:34 PM

Thank you! I now have my menu templates etc. Thanks so much! However, Colorfast and TitlerEX won't load! How do you open the file's on Magix after you've installed them?

Good to hear you now have those "extras"!  However, I don't fully understand your question.  If you're referring specifically to Colorfast and TitlerEX you should find them under the "effects" tab (at least that's where they appear on my computer).  In both cases you have to have a video object selected in order to open the plug-in settings dialogue.

However, if you're actually saying that neither of these will "install" rather than "load" I wonder whether this is yet another example of something not working properly under Win 8.1?

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/28/2013, 3:34 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

lynns wrote on 10/28/2013, 5:01 PM

Sorry that I was originally unclear. As you thought, I meant specifically Colorfast and TitlerEX. The photo I uploaded with this comment, is what I see when I go to the “plug-in’s. I don’t see either Colorfast or TitlerEX. Am I on the wrong window? 

emmrecs wrote on 10/30/2013, 3:25 PM

Sorry that I was originally unclear. As you thought, I meant specifically Colorfast and TitlerEX. The photo I uploaded with this comment, is what I see when I go to the “plug-in’s. I don’t see either Colorfast or TitlerEX. Am I on the wrong window? 

I've attached below two images showing where I see the two plug-ins.

The first shows them as listed in the plug-ins menu (amongst many other NewBlueFX plugs).  I wonder, for you, whether they are listed under "Others"?

The second is the "Effects" tab, which again shows them.  If you're not seeing them in either location I wonder whether they are properly installed?

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/30/2013, 3:25 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

lynns wrote on 12/17/2013, 10:22 AM

Wow, it's been several months since I last wrote anything. Thanks again for all your help... I've had a lot going on (like just about everyone around this time of year) and I havn't been able to ask any more questions concerning this item. I do now have Colorfast and loving it! Thank you so much for the advice. I did the same thing with both Colorfast and TitlerEX. Though everytime I try and click on TitlerEX, a window pops up saying that I basicly might need to update my graphics card though I have the latest and updated downloads. After the message appears, the whole software closes, and re-opens. Any thoughts?