How to export my website from orange to magix online?

arashid wrote on 11/7/2011, 3:20 PM

can any one tell me step by step how to export my web site from orange(made with magix website maker)? this is what I have done upto now but it has not fully worked.Went into my website with orange and from the more manue did export website and the HTML page came out and it said that to copy the HTML code and paste it in the required website. But it has not worked.what I like to know is the following:-

where do you paste the code and how do you get to this page?

I have seen a video on youtube but the page he posts the html code ,I can not find.

I am OAP and not very good at this stuff so please any one help me with this step by step.

Will be most greatfull. Thank you for reading this request.

arashid

Comments

Ampersandman wrote on 11/8/2011, 6:03 AM

Dear arashid, brief answer: unfortunately you can't.

You'll have to rebuild your site in MAGIX Website Maker. Your text elements can of course be transferred by copy& paste but that's also a thing to be done manually. 

But at least that way you can discover all the functions MAGIX Website Maker offers.

arashid wrote on 11/8/2011, 12:28 PM

Dear Drweb

Thanks for your answer but why are they then misinforming us all that it can be done by HTML code.I have seen it on the you tube,on the magix online website and on orange website. Anyway thanks for a quick reply.

Regards

arashid

Ampersandman wrote on 11/9/2011, 2:41 AM

I think you rather misread the information. Exporting your site via an HTML can be done, but with the purpose to "host" it (virtually) somewhere else apart from Magix / Orange. This does not give you your project files though, since the entire site is created and displayed in Flash and saved only in your user account. And unfortunately there is no connection between the old obsolete Orange Website Maker and the much more advanced Magix one.

Dear Drweb

Thanks for your answer but why are they then misinforming us all that it can be done by HTML code.I have seen it on the you tube,on the magix online website and on orange website. Anyway thanks for a quick reply.

Regards

arashid