How to add external vst plugins?

Pauli-Viimaranta wrote on 7/16/2021, 8:51 AM

I bought vst plugin support from the store. I've gotten one from another site to work but not all the others I've downloaded from a site called embertone.com. They come in either rar or zip files and I've tried extracting them into my plugin folder but they're not showing up when I try to scan. I've been trying to figure this out way too long. Help would be appreciated.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/16/2021, 9:30 AM

@Pauli-Viimaranta Are your plugins 32 bit plugins? You need the VST bridge from the shop for them to work because Music Maker is a 64 bit application.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 7/16/2021, 9:31 AM

from a site called embertone.com.

A quick check suggests these are sampled instruments to use in Kontakt - Kontakt being the actual VST plugin which would be required if it works in Magix.

emmrecs wrote on 7/16/2021, 9:37 AM

@Pauli-Viimaranta

Which exact version of MM?

First, are these plugins VST Effects or VST Instruments? Looking at the Embertone web site I'm guessing they are VSTis, instruments.

If so, do they show up on the "VST Instruments" tab of MM, assuming you have MM 2022? Al the external VST Instruments I have are certainly shown there for me.

Have you correctly specified the exact folder where the .dll files are stored? The setting is under Program Settings>Folders>Add VST plugin path. In MM2022 this latter can have several different folders listed by the user.

However, looking again at the Embertone web site and a sample of their instruments, they all seem to be listed as Made for the full version of Kontakt. If this is literally correct and the files are ONLY in Kontakt format, they will NOT open in MM, unless you also have the full version of Kontakt. In this case Kontakt should be seen by MM as a VSTi (I only have the free Kontakt player but MM sees it and can use it; once opened its own instruments are then available in its own workspace). This should also be the case for you. IOW, open Kontakt in MM and then select, in Kontakt, the instrument(s) you wish to use.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam