How to activate on multiple laptops - soundforge 365

TheRealOdysseas wrote on 7/28/2023, 4:12 PM

I go back and forth between 2 laptops. Is there any way to get soundforge 365 on both without buying another full license? That seems stupid. I get why they do it, but still.

If there is not a way, then my second question is: are there limits to how many times I can deactivate/reactivate the license on different devices?

Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/28/2023, 4:34 PM

@TheRealOdysseas The 365 version only offers a single activation at a time. The perpetual version offers two activations and additinal seats can be bought from customer support. I'm not aware of any deactivation limits as long as you deactivate the software via the Help menu. Deactivation via the customer account at Magix.com has a monthly limit as far as I encountered it years ago.

emmrecs wrote on 7/28/2023, 4:43 PM

@TheRealOdysseas

“365” versions of Magix software can only ever be activated on one computer. So, if you do want to be able to use your software on another machine a second licence is required, sorry! You could always try emailing infoservice@magix.net and asking whether there is any other method of achieving what you want to do.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 7/28/2023, 4:44 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 7/29/2023, 9:58 AM

There has been very few (useful) new features (or bug fixes) in recent versions of Sound Forge and few are expected, so I would recommend the standard (perpetual) version which allows activation on a total of two (2) PCs simultaneously. If SF is needed on an alternate (third) PC, it can be deactivated on one of the current PCs and reactivated on the alternate. The once-a-month deactivation applies to deactivating through the Magix Service Center website. There is no deactivation limits from within Sound Forge. "Help> Deactivate the software on this PC"