How do I turn on input monitoring for the MIDI virtual keyboard?

theflyingcelery wrote on 12/4/2021, 11:15 PM

ARGHHHH!!! I'm using MAGIX Music Maker (version 30.0.3.39) and I want to record using the MIDI virtual keyboard. Is there any way to turn on audio monitoring so I can hear what I'm playing while I record? I've fiddled with the Audio/MIDI tab of the Program Settings to no avail. I've also made sure Monitoring is checked in the Recording Settings. This is so infuriating.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/5/2021, 5:19 AM

@theflyingcelery It is all described in the manual what you have to do.

You need to select an ASIO driver in the program settings for monitoring. Music Maker comes with Magix Low Latency. You need to configure the driver by clicking on the "Advaned..." button. Activate your inputs and outputs there.

You can also use other ASIO drivers, for example drivers from USB audio interfaces if you use such a device, or the FL Studio ASIO driver or the Steinberg ASIO driver.

By also sure that MIDI REC is activated in the track header for the track you want to record on.

theflyingcelery wrote on 12/5/2021, 12:03 PM

Amazing!! Thanks so much!! That worked like a charm. 😍 I wandered into advanced and saw the list of audio interfaces once before, but I failed to try all eight devices. 😩 Thanks for nudging me in the right direction!!

Rod-Mielo wrote on 12/10/2021, 2:41 PM

Using FL Studio ASIO, and enabling correct output, allows the monitoring function as stated. I found it interesting that the output option appeared NOW when for days before there was no output option available. Of course, selecting the right output crashed MM, but I'm getting used to that behavior. At least FL's ASIO seems a little more stable on my machine.