How do I save a slideshow?

dsnydersa wrote on 8/14/2009, 5:36 PM
I've been a programmer, IT professional, and owned my own computer networking company and I can't figure out how to save a lousy slideshow in PhotoStory. I created several with effects and everything, did the save function in more than one place, exited the program without any warning that nothing was saved. Yes I've purchased this program. There are no .mvm shows on my computer, the project is 600 bytes, and I can't save a slideshow now. Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/17/2009, 5:34 AM
Hi there,

How did you verify that the files haven't been saved to the location you picked? Just inside the program by using the "Open" function from the "File" menu or outside of the program in your own file browser? I just noticed that the "Open" function seems to be filtering incorrectly. It doesn't show the project files (*.MPH) until you manually pick the filter that will show all files (*.*) in the open dialog. So, this might be something someone could trip over. MVM files will be shown, but they can only be created via the command "File" => "Manage slideshow" => "Export slideshow file".

It sounds like some technical problem might be at work here though, especially if you have already verified outside of the program that the file haven't been saved. 600 bytes sounds much too small for a project file, too. Even for my small test project, it's at least around 70 kB here on my end. So, ultimately, you might want to contact Magix technical support and see whether they have any idea as to what might be causing this.