Comments

SP. wrote on 5/20/2024, 3:09 AM

@JennyPxyz Export in a compressed file format (mp3 / ogg) in a low bitrate (64 kbps). If you only have speech in your recording you can also reduce the samplerate to 11 kHz or 8 kHz.

rraud wrote on 5/20/2024, 10:36 AM

Hi @JennyPxyz, "File> Save as", choose MP3 in the 'Save as type' field and choose a current preset from the list, If you wish to modify the preset's encode parameters, select 'Custom'.

Tip; if the material is spoken word (or other non-stereo source), check mark Mono, which will double the resolution at the same file size as stereo.

JennyPxyz wrote on 5/20/2024, 6:21 PM

You guys are rock stars, thanks. I chose the "save as" method first because it sounded simpler to a non tech like me lol! I experimented with the things in the drop down menu because there wasn't a "mono" in sound forge 14. The radio quality choice dropped the file size from 146 to 40 something, which I was able to upload to my website. I couldn't tell the difference in quality - maybe that's because it was only voices. It means I can use Skype recordings for podcasts - woohoo! Thanks again!

rraud wrote on 5/21/2024, 9:30 AM

I experimented with the things in the drop down menu because there wasn't a "mono" in sound forge 14

The mono mode was not available when using a high kps setting on Sound Forge 14 and prior as I recall.