Comments

SP. wrote on 1/4/2022, 1:08 PM

@John-Pirtle You open the program preferences (press Y on your keyboard) and go to System Options > Audio Setup to select an audio driver. If your Tascam comes with its own ASIO driver you select it here. Be also sure to set the Monitoring Mode to Mixer Fx Monitoring / Hybrid Engine.

Check under System Options > MIDI if your interface is enabled as an MIDI input.

Look under the Basic Settings in System Options > Hardware Controller. Here you can add a new controller. Samplitude comes with some presets. I don't know if they will work 100% with your interface. But you can modify a preset or create your own.

emmrecs wrote on 1/4/2022, 1:21 PM

@John-Pirtle

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Are you aware there is a dedicated forum for user of Samplitude Pro here?

Because there are very few users of this software in the forum you are now in I would strongly recommend you register at and post your Samp. Pro specific questions there.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

John-Pirtle wrote on 1/4/2022, 1:26 PM

@John-Pirtle You open the program preferences (press Y on your keyboard) and go to System Options > Audio Setup to select an audio driver. If your Tascam comes with its own ASIO driver you select it here. Be also sure to set the Monitoring Mode to Mixer Fx Monitoring / Hybrid Engine.

Check under System Options > MIDI if your interface is enabled as an MIDI input.

Look under the Basic Settings in System Options > Hardware Controller. Here you can add a new controller. Samplitude comes with some presets. I don't know if they will work 100% with your interface. But you can modify a preset or create your own.

The windows computer autmatically said it loaded a driver for the Tascam Model 12, When I look at the Samplitude ProX 6 Audio Setup screen in the "Driver System" window I do not see this specific driver. When I look at the Tascam Model 12 Menu / DAW controller I see a list of modes but none of them are for Samplitude.

SP. wrote on 1/4/2022, 2:45 PM

@John-Pirtle I don't know how your Tascam interface works and what drivers it uses. You need to consult its manual. It shouldn't be much different from setting it up for a different audio software. You can also read the Samplitude manual in the Help menu. It's hundreds of pages but it should explain everything in detail with many screenshots. Just look up the chapter about hardware controllers.