how do i connect my keyboard to mmm16?

nickangelo wrote on 11/30/2010, 10:05 PM

i didnt like the complicated nature of the synthesizers.and was upset i couldnt control the settings of the pitch bend wheel on my midi keystudio to play the limited sounds of vita.so i bought a new keyboard(yamaha psr e423) and i dont have the rca jacks on my computer to plug it in like the magix manual says.i really wanted to use the cd rom that came with my keyboard but everytime i try to download the drivers it says i already have another midi driver on the computer that has to be removed first.is this because of mmm16?please help me figure out how to get my keyboard to hook up to magix.i feel like god is trying to stop me from making music.i have everything i need and it still doesnt work.if i buy an interface will i have the same problem as i did with my cd rom?PLEASE HELP!! this is becoming a nightmare!

Comments

ShadowDancer wrote on 12/1/2010, 10:18 AM

Hi nickangelo,

if your keyboard is compatible, then you should be able to simply plug it into your PC.

Then load up Music Maker and go to the Program Settings (press Y on the keyboard). Go to the AUDIO/MIDI settings.

Here make sure that your keyboard is listed in the Input Device. Then click OK.

You should then be able to create a new MIDI object and your keyboard should work in the MIDI editor.